unable to delete wamp from directory for reinstall
Posted by: Armon99 (41.136.226.---)
Date: June 24, 2010 07:37PM

Hi every one!
I want to get back to Joomla after a long period of absence. I made some mistakes while installing. I wanted to redo the whole installation including the wamp server. As I did install wamp previously, i had to uninstall and delete the entire directory. I did that, but when i went to download again, the directory appies again. First i uninstalled from control panel. Then I went to C: and look for the wamp directory and deleted it. When I tried again, same things. All the wamp directory were there again. I even restart my compute. It just wouldnt go.
Please help
Many thanks
Armon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: unable to delete wamp from directory for reinstall
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 25, 2010 12:37AM

uninstall both wamp and firewall/antivirus, remove wamp folder, run regedit to search and delete 2 instances wampapache and wampmysql, restart pc, reinstall wamp, then reinstall firewall/antivirus while wamp is running

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Armon99 (---.telecomplus.net)
Date: June 25, 2010 07:32AM

Hi
The computer am using is a new one. I havent yet installed any Anti-virus software(i know its a bit risky) will do it soon. I know there is the preinstalled firewall. I dont think you mean to delete that one. If its so, how do i reinstall again. I run regedit and I couldnt fine wampapache instances. When i run regedit, i got 5 Hkey folders. Would it be inside any of those?
Now, the error message is "Firefox cannot connect to localhost"
Any further advice!
Thanks

Posted by: Armon99 (41.136.225.---)
Date: June 29, 2010 05:57PM

Hi
The issue has now been resolved. Thanks all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.