htdocs to www... what else!!!
Posted by: invincibleveer (61.95.168.---)
Date: March 23, 2010 07:48AM

I have an environment(database and some php and html files) set on some PC having Apache, MySql, and PHP installed separately. NOW I want that environment to be set on my PC which is having only WAMP installed.

Now I have copied the htdocs folder of Apache to www folder of WAMP but still the complete environment is not set. However all html files are running properly but php files showing some errors.

Please help
thnkx in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: htdocs to www... what else!!!
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 09:11AM

leave wamp the way it was...

put your php files in the www folder as you make things..

make sure u use <?php and not <?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: March 23, 2010 09:17AM

Hi Steven,
I have already put all php files and html files in www folder...
php files also having the same format

<?php
//some code
?>

still there is problem sad smiley

Date: March 23, 2010 09:25AM

what colour is the wamp icon?

you are doing this through the browser right?

[localhost]

[localhost] will show u the main wamp page if u havent deleted the index.php

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: March 23, 2010 09:34AM

its colour is black
yeah i am doing it through browser.

this is showing the following error while typing [localhost] on my browser

setRs($obj); $this->setPageSize($displayRows); $this->assignPageNumber($pageNum); $this->setRowNumber(0); $this->setOffSet(($this->getPageNumber() - 1) * ($this->getPageSize())); } //implement getters and setters public function setOffSet($offSet) { $this->offSet = $offSet; } public function getOffSet() { return $this->offSet; } public function getRs() { return $this->rs; } public function setRs($obj) { $this->rs = $obj; } public function getPageSize() { return $this->pageSize; } public function setPageSize($pages) { $this->pageSize = $pages; } //accessor and mutator for page numbers public function getPageNumber() { return $this->pageNumber; } public function setPageNumber($number) { $this->pageNumber = $number; } //fetches the row number public function getRowNumber() { return $this->rowNumber; } public function setRowNumber($number) { $this->rowNumber = $number; } public function fetchNumberPages() { if (!$this->getRs()) { return false; } $pages = ceil(count($this->getRs()) / (float)$this->getPageSize()); return $pages; } //sets the current page being viewed to the value of the parameter public function assignPageNumber($page) { if(($page <= 0) || ($page > $this->fetchNumberPages()) || ($page == ""winking smiley) { $this->setPageNumber(1); } else { $this->setPageNumber($page); } //upon assigning the current page, move the cursor in the result set to (page number minus one) multiply by the page size //example (2 - 1) * 10 } public function fetchPagedRow() { if((!$this->getRs()) || ($this->getRowNumber() >= $this->getPageSize())) { return false; } $this->setRowNumber($this->getRowNumber() + 1); $index = $this->getOffSet(); $this->setOffSet($this->getOffSet() + 1); return $this->rs[$index]; } public function isFirstPage() { return ($this->getPageNumber() <= 1); } public function isLastPage() { return ($this->getPageNumber() >= $this->fetchNumberPages()); } /** * * @return PageLayout */ public function getLayout() { return $this->layout; } /** * * @param PageLayout */ public function setLayout(PageLayout $layout) { $this->layout = $layout; } //returns a string with the base navigation for the page //if queryVars are to be added then the first parameter should be preceeded by a ampersand public function fetchPagedNavigation($queryVars = ""winking smiley { return $this->getLayout()->fetchPagedLinks($this, $queryVars); }//end writeNavigation }//end Paginated ?>
Warning: require_once(DoubleBarLayout.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\index.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DoubleBarLayout.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\index.php on line 3

Date: March 23, 2010 09:40AM

u have some error in ur php pf a <? somewhere

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: March 23, 2010 09:41AM

hey sry i actually had replaced the index.php of wamp with index.php of htdocs...
now I copied it again now the browser shows the home page of wamp...
but my environment is still giving errors...

Date: March 23, 2010 10:16AM

how? you shud of left it the way it was...

the only file u need in www is the index.php

if this page runs correctly , then there is no errors.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: March 23, 2010 10:36AM

yeah index page is running properly....

I still have some problem with some of my php files. I have to resolve these by my own

thanks anyway smiling smiley

Date: March 23, 2010 10:40AM

hey steven plz tell me if I copy whole htdocs of Apache inside the www folder of WAMP and dump the database on wamp... then this particular environment, which was running properly on other PC with Apache, php and MySQL installed must run on my PC too which is having WAMP installed.
Is there anything more to copy from somewhere.???

Date: March 23, 2010 11:50AM

mayeb ur apache versions are different? php versions?

could cause coding errors

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: March 23, 2010 11:56AM

yeah they are different!!! so is there any way out except installing apache, php and mysql again and configuring them ? sad smiley

Date: March 23, 2010 12:00PM

just uses wamp add ons

left click wamp>apache>version> get more... download the version you need. install the exe

left click wamp> apache> version>select your new install

same for mysql and php if needed.

Alternativly... change your code to suit the newer versions

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.