phpMyAdmin Does Not Work with New 'root' user Password
Posted by: jtpsmooth (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 02:13AM

I set-up a password for 'root' and now I cannot get into phpMyAdmin -see below for error message- when trying to open the page; everything else seems to work fine: I can make my connections in Dreamweaver with the new password and use the MySQL console using the new password. I made the change using the Privilege Tab.

Who do I tell phpMyAdmin what the new password is?

I used the little ? icon and was sent to the Sun list of errors which was of 0% help. I got more information from the error message.

Please help, this has just shut me completely down and I am under a deadline. Thank you for your time this weekend.

_____error message______

Welcome to phpMyAdmin

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin Does Not Work with New 'root' user Password
Posted by: jtpsmooth (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 02:54AM

Ooopps, I just figured it out!

Okay, for the other novices in the woods here such as myself:

I followed the instructions I had TOO MUCH to the letter. When I modified the config.inc.php file, I entered what was in the instructions $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'newRootPassword' instead of what the actual new password. When I replaced 'newRootPassword' with the new passord, wha-la! phpMyAdmin worked.

Thanks for having the forum and being there.
Jayson

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.