Portable WAMP program managed by WampServer.com
Posted by: Tanhys (---.alcatel.fr)
Date: January 15, 2010 12:43PM

Hello,

I am interested in having a portable/mobile wampserver to be able to deploy my web apps anywhere on any PC for non technical users. So, of course, I found the WAMP MSS website at the following address: www.uni-d.net but it seems that the author left his project aside and there is not much activity anymore.

Simple question is mine, why is people/team/company, maintaining the original software WAMPServer, not developping a "mobile" version officially? I really find this useful.

My post is not a complain, right?! winking smiley This is just a question I ask to know if this is somehow, on any project plan for the official WAMPServer product.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Portable WAMP program managed by WampServer.com
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 15, 2010 01:22PM

Im pretty sure there is no plan for this from WampServer..

But I am currently in the planning stages of exactly this idea..

You Will add your sites databases and php /server settings and then have it complied into 1 installable exe

It will be at least 6 months before this is even at a Beta Stage and this will not be FreeWare..

There is huge Difficulties is building this as a Web based Project.. So basically you will select what you want etc from a site form and then get a downlload link of your exe

Im sure someone could build a standalone Win App to do just this and i may look into this too as part of my project
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you looking for a USB style PORTABLE WAMP that you can Run on other pcs.. then that is already around....

If your looking for a USB style PORTABLE WAMP that you can Install on other pcs then you could just copy the WAMP folder onto the pc c drive and then use a bat file to install the services..

just note that wamp writes the drive letter into alot of files on install so it would have to be installed on the same drive as was installed

My project fixes these issues and adds a level of branding to the installer so its more like a New Piece of Software being installed. I have not time to waste on exploring the two above suggestions as they have limitations

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 01:32PM by stevenmartin99.

Posted by: theliquidmetal (180.214.233.---)
Date: April 16, 2010 06:01AM

here is my script at: [rapidshare.com]
you don't have to worry about the drive letter.

Posted by: theliquidmetal (180.214.232.---)
Date: April 27, 2010 07:51PM

hi everyone.

this is the update script for *portable wamp*. this script almost perfect, and more elegant way then before. you only have to run this script once in the first time for the entire live of your portable wamp server. the second run and so on of your wamp server, you just have to double-click the 'wampmanager.exe'. the wampapache and wampmysql service automatically installed. well, not always installed smiling smiley, sametimes installed, sometimes not. i'll fix this soon. get it from: [uploading.com] or [rapidshare.com] or [www.ziddu.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.