Downgrade to PHP 5.2.11 and mysql not working
Posted by: falsinfab (151.16.216.---)
Date: January 04, 2010 02:21PM

Hi all,

I have used wamp from a lot of time and I'm very satisfy with this great product. I recently installed the new version including PHP 5.3 but I found some problem with an extension of Joomla that seem not compatible with this PHP version. I downgrade to PHP 5.2.11 installing the pachage downloaded by this site (WampServer2-PHP5211.exe) but if I switch to this PHP version it seem that the connection with mysql doesn't work anymore. Also if I execute phpMyAdmin I reveice the error "impossible to load mysqli extension". Another strange issue that I noted using 5.2.11 version running is that the WAMP menu under the path "PHP -> PHP Settings" is empty, on the contrary if I use version 5.3 this menu show me all the settings connected to PHP engine. Someone can help me? My contiguration is Win7 x64.
Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Downgrade to PHP 5.2.11 and mysql not working
Date: January 06, 2010 05:35PM

I'm the only one who have this probem? Im' trying to figure out the cause of this problem but I din't have success until now...

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 06, 2010 05:52PM

sounds like u changes something in the php.ini file and typed it wrongly

if u want me to take a look > add me to msn

stevenmartin99@hotmail.com

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: January 06, 2010 06:18PM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry but I don't have msn, however I didn't touched the php.ini file, I simply installed the WampServer2-PHP5211.exe package without made any other action. If you can, you could try to make the same operation. Install the last version of WAMP running PHP 5.3, download the PHP 5.2.11 package, install it and check if you have the same problem of mine.... Now I'll try to make these same operation in another computer running Windows XP x32 for verify if the problem is in my Win7 or is a package problem.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 06, 2010 06:56PM

no sorry but iv done it hundreds of times before - u have a php.ini issue

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: falsinfab (151.16.219.---)
Date: January 06, 2010 09:48PM

Maybe found the problem. It seem that the installation path of wamp give some problem to the added PHP 5.2.11. I installed wamp under the c:\Program Files (x86)\wamp windows 7 folder. I make the same test into a WinXP system. If I install wamp using the default c:\wamp folder everityting work ok, main program and added PHP 5.2.11 version but if, also in WinXT, I try to install wamp using a similar win7 path (\program files (x86)\) the default PHP 5.3 work well but after installed 5.2.11 and switched to this version the program show some php.ini parsing errors not showed under win7 but is very probably that the cause is the same. This mean that PHP version below 5.2.11 can not be installed in a path containing special caracters like spaces or parenthesis?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 07, 2010 12:38AM

theory, it should be ok, but reality, a lot of users have problem w/ blank space in installation path and config files so you should avoid it winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: falsinfab (151.16.221.---)
Date: January 07, 2010 10:55PM

Confirmation! Installed wamp in a path without spaces both PHP 5.3 and 5.2.11 are working well without problems. Thank you to all for the support. smiling smiley

Posted by: toumimi (---.99.116-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: January 08, 2010 03:04AM

One more time...

There is no problem with spaces in path.
There is a problem with parentheses which have a signification in parse_ini_file function for php.ini
If you install PHP into "Program Files (x86)" then PHP would like to interprete thoses parentheses, since your path is not into quotes.

So, you can reinstall php like you did, or add quotes around the path.

But yfastud is true.
Since it MAY cause problems, you should avoid spaces and more specifically parentheses in path !

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Posted by: gbernier (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: April 14, 2011 06:27AM

Hey All,

I see the last message here is a little old, but I'm having the issue where I've downloaded the 2.11 add-on package, switch to PHP 5.2.11 and the server will not fully start up.

Looking at it, it's a apache that isn't starting but MySQL, error logs are empty. Everything is installed at c:\wamp and I haven't edited anything manually.

Any recommendations?

I'm using the latest wamp install, I'm running an older version of Wamp 2 on my desktop and it's working fine but this new version I have on my laptop will not start up when using 2.2.11

Posted by: gbernier (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: April 14, 2011 06:31AM

Sorry php 5.2.11

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 14, 2011 06:46AM

64 bit? then you cant use php5.2 which is 32bit

switch apache to 2.2.17 32bit

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 06:46AM by stevenmartin99.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.