MySQL password setting
Posted by: DBX_5 (---.va.shawcable.net)
Date: December 23, 2009 09:58AM

I have read every single guide I can find on this and every time I do what it says it screws up PHPmyAdmin some how, an example of this is I set a password for phpmyadmin as part of the password setup guide from JLBN and now when I try to login to it it tells me #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) even though I have set all the passwords for phpmyadmin as it directed in the guide.

I am also getting it while trying to install TBdev but we can move on to that later, could I please get some help with doing this properly no clue why I am having such a big issue with it now when I never had this problem with the older version I used to have installed...

WAMP: 2.0i

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL password setting
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 23, 2009 05:04PM

as usual, when some people, only very small numbers, complained about my guides, and when I've helped them out, it always the same issue that they missed a step or 2 in the guide and most likely cause is they've used it before and now just fly through the guide very fast to refresh their mind and of course missed a step or two, so follow reset password then follow the password guide step by step again

download resetmysql here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

to setup password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: MySQL password setting
Posted by: DBX_5 (---.va.shawcable.net)
Date: January 03, 2010 04:18AM

Phpmyadmin is working properly now I got to figure out why this doesnt want to work I have looked around for a few guides on how to install this newer version but it doesnt work maybe you guys can give me a clue?

[1045] dbconn: mysql_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Code: TB_ALPHA

Never mind finally figured it out again thanks for the help close this if need be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 04:32AM by DBX_5.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.