The connection was reset (Firefox) / Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Posted by: arnb (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 25, 2009 06:50PM

No error messages in PHP, Apache or MySql logs, PHP error reporting set to E_ALL | E_STRICTJ (but also occurs with E_ALL)

Running the latest version of Wamp under Windows 7 (32 Bit, all updates installed) , although WAMP required a clean install before it would function, then imported the Mysql DB. When running with PHP5.3 some but certainly not all of my pages give "The connection was reset" with Firefox and "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" IE8, however when using PHP 5.2.11, all works as expected. BTW this also occurred on my prior version of WAMP under Vista 7. I was hoping the upgrade would be the solution. This error also occurred when I was running Wamp under Vista SP2, so I suspect something in my code or what is being generated, but the result pages have no information.

With no error messages to evaluate, I'm lost. Any help or suggestions appreciated. (Already checked hosts file, did the requisite searches, etc)

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The connection was reset (Firefox) / Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Posted by: arnb (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 25, 2009 07:00PM

I looked at the following thread
[forum.wampserver.com]

and found my answer commented out //mysql_close() and it works.

Going further looked at the PHP user comments for mysql_close and found the following

11-Oct-2009 09:09
It seems that as of PHP 5.3, the link_identifier parameter is no longer optional. If not included, it would cause the script to crash with no errors in the output.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2009 07:04PM by arnb.

Re: The connection was reset (Firefox) / Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Posted by: amac44 (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: October 29, 2010 05:45AM

Sure enough, that did the trick -- add link identifier to mysql_close() so that it's mysql_close($link). Thankfully my code base only had 2 mysql_close() in it ... Thanks (11 months later) for posting that.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: October 29, 2010 05:48AM

this is only the case for php 5.3.0 (its a bug)

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.