MySQL paswword issues
Posted by: kingbanto (92.27.169.---)
Date: September 15, 2009 03:23PM

Hi,

I'm new to working with web servers and need some assistance. I have downloaded the most recent Wamp server and did a bit of database design and querying, but there ws always a warning at the bottom of the admin page about setting up a password.

I tried doing this for the root user, but ended up doing something wrong and I no longer had permission to access phpmyadmin.

I removed the wamp program from my computer and re-installed Wamp again, but now when i try to log on to phpMyAdmin, i get this error

MySQL said: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

May someone please help me.

Kind Regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL paswword issues
Posted by: jgnfld (---.stuaff.mun.ca)
Date: September 15, 2009 10:16PM

I am hardly a guru. Anything but. But I'd make a small bet that if you go to the MySQL Console application (a command line box) which is accessed from the MySQL tab of the WAMP taskbar icon, you will be able to access your database by just hitting return where it asks for a password. If you do hit return and msg saying "Welcome to the MySQL Monitor..." it means you still have no password set.

If that happens, you can fix things by setting the passwd to the one you defined in the config file right then and there by issuing a

use mysql;

command and then setting the root password to what you have in the config using an update command of the form:

update user set password=PASSWORD( "newpass" ) where User='root';

The only thing you edit is newpass ... leave everything else the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 10:19PM by jgnfld.

Re: MySQL paswword issues
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 16, 2009 12:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.