phpmyadmin troubles
Posted by: jgnfld (---.stuaff.mun.ca)
Date: September 09, 2009 08:11PM

I downloaded WAMP and installed the system on a tablet PC in order to install a system which collects forms data in a health setting. It works very well. I have tried to duplicate that system on a second identical tablet PC and have run into all sorts of problems when I changed the root password on the second system to the identical password I used on the first system.

On the problem machine, I can establish contact with MySQL using the MySQL console application (no password) and it will connect with the mysql and information schema databases. However phpMyAdmin will not connect with the original, unedited, and now several times reinstalled WAMP files.

Does anyone have any help possibly? I would be very happy to completely uninstall the WAMP system and reinstall it, however this has proved impossible as well. The phpMyAdmin problem stays.

OTOH, would simply copying the entire c:\wamp folder from the one machine to the other fix things? or is the registry, or deeply hidden files, involved here?

Thanks/merci for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin troubles
Posted by: hi_tech_guy_18 (---.114-84-212.staticip.namesco.net)
Date: September 09, 2009 09:38PM

Edit the config.inc.php in c:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.1.3.1

Since there is 2 root users in MySQL
Server: localhost - Database: mysql - Table: user "Users and global privileges"
localhost root
127.0.0.1 root
(it was done due to Visa and one of it patches broke the "localhost" Host address)
You may need to change the Host Line so you target the right one

If all else fails Close out wamp and Copy the
C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.33\data\mysql Folder form the working PC and use it to replace the
C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.33\data\mysql on the problem system and allow it to replace all files

Posted by: jgnfld (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: September 09, 2009 10:10PM

Thanks. Tried this (both steps) and there was still no joy for a bit. Still could access in the consoloe app but not in phpmyadmin. Then thought to clear all the caches in IE (being vanilla for a client). Worked.

I wonder, even suppose, that was the problem all along.

Anyway to all having phpmyadmin connection problems, and I see many are here, I would STRONGLY suggest that you clear the browser cache--especially if you are using IE--after any changes in the config files.

Posted by: toumimi (84.6.111.---)
Date: September 10, 2009 05:54AM

You can add AllowNoPassword directive like this in phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowRoot']     = false;       // whether to allow root login
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPasswordRoot'] = true;

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Posted by: chinthaka2009 (124.43.228.---)
Date: September 11, 2009 10:18AM

I'm a newcomer for the php world. I installed wamp server. but It was not wroking properly. first time I can't
log to localhost & phpmyadmin page problem occured. I solved this problem because port 80 was not available. It used IIS. Currently I was not use IIS. So I removed it from my computer. Now I can access to localhost & phpmyadmin pages. but phpmyadmin page was not working properly until now. because mysql
is not wroking verywell. ( erro no 1045)

so anyone can help me to solve this problem. please can you tell me how to set the password for mysql and how to correct all steps to start my php developing.

If you have a solution for fix this problem.

Please Reply to me.

this is my email address :- chinthakaster@gmail.com

Cheers!!
Chinthaka Hapuarachchi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.