Why did the amount of extensions drop for the new version of WAMP and why is the "extras" folder gone?
Posted by: Vordreller (---.207-240-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: July 26, 2009 11:34PM

Can someone explain this?

There are only 31 extensions in the ext folder for version 5.3.0, while 5.2.9-2 had 117 extensions...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why did the amount of extensions drop for the new version of WAMP and why is the "extras" folder gone?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: July 27, 2009 12:18AM

simple.. php isnt bundled with them. they are added into wamp . php5.3 now has alot of these extentsions already built in or else they are not supported anymore such as the PECL

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Why did the amount of extensions drop for the new version of WAMP and why is the "extras" folder gone?
Date: July 27, 2009 12:23AM

stevenmartin99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they are added into wamp

Okay... so why aren't they added now. You can't tell me they're *all* built in now, right?

I mean, if you download the zip for PHP for 5.3.0 and 5.2.10, the difference in 14 DLL's, not 86, like in WAMP's case...

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: July 27, 2009 12:31AM

changelog= PECL packages are not included anymore (not available on the PHP website)

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: July 27, 2009 12:42AM

So until the PECL makers provide some clear website where we can get them, PHP users on windows are temporarily not able to use their services?

Posted by: roms (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2009 09:27AM

Exactly. I can't build the PECL extensions, I don't have the time...or else I'll have to quit my job ;-)

Romain

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.