PHP 5.1.6 and Pdo_mysql
Posted by: fhuldtgren (---.kpmg-ct.com)
Date: July 13, 2009 02:54PM

I am forced to run very specific versions of PHP and Apache due to restrictions from a client. I need to run PHP 5.1.6. I am able to enable the php_pdo_mysql extension to PHP, but when I look in my phpinfo, under the PDO header, the mysql driver is not listed.

Has anyone run into this trouble before?

Regards,
Fredrik

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP 5.1.6 and Pdo_mysql
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 13, 2009 02:58PM

does that php_pdo_mysql extension come w/ wamp package or your downloaded yourself? if downloaded, make sure it's for win, not *nix and also support php version you're using winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: July 13, 2009 03:23PM

It comes with the WAMP package I downloaded (Wamp server 2.0i and then the 5.1.6 PHP version and Apache 2.0.63 wamp packages)

In my phpinfo() I can see that I have PDO support, and that the pgsql driver and sqlite driver are enabled, but I cannot get the mysql driver enabled.

Regards,
Fredrik

Date: July 13, 2009 04:01PM

Some more detailed information from my php error log:

[13-Jul-2009 15:52:13] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.1.6/ext/php_pdo_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0

However, the file does exist in the location that PHP tries to use.

Anyone have a clue?

Regards,
Fredrik

ps: I changed the slashes in the extensions_dir variable, and ended up with the same error message, but slashes the "windows way" instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 04:08PM by fhuldtgren.

Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 13, 2009 07:03PM

When using php_pdo_mysql.dll you also need to enable the php_pdo.dll extension too.

However the correct MySQL extension(s) to be enabled are called php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll. PDO extension are not required if your scripts do not use it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.