MYsql problem
Posted by: jasonw (75.62.243.---)
Date: June 24, 2009 05:51PM

Ok I finally got my new server machine up and running so I can do away with the laptop server I have been using all these months. I installed Wamp on the new server. Started one by one exporting my databases on the old server, transferring them via network to the new server and importing them via PHPmyadmin on the new server. All worked fine but one database, This is the error I get "#1062 - Duplicate entry 'garda' for key 'wrd_txt' " Any suggestions? This is the only database that has given this error or any error for that matter and unfortunately is the most important database I have. I already checked and know the database is not over the size limit to import so that cant be the problem. Out of 62 records I get this error and it only imports 42 of the 62 records.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MYsql problem
Posted by: jasonw (75.62.243.---)
Date: June 26, 2009 05:57PM

No guesses? This as I said is the most important database on the entire server and its causing grief each day its down. Its the database for a PHPBB forum, the most popular one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: MYsql problem
Posted by: dave_st24 (---.cable.ubr06.newt.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 27, 2009 01:21AM

As the error states, there is a duplicate entry for what should be a unique key.

I am guessing that it could be a username field that has somehow been entered twice into the database.

If you log into phpmyadmin on the old database, and SQL

SELECT * FROM `#TABLE_NAME#` WHERE wrd_txt='garda';

It will probably show you two results, delete one and it should input fine (unless there are any other problems)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.