IIS and WAMP using same port.
Posted by: TurboMan (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 24, 2009 06:16AM

Have a MS Small Biz Server box, so I NEED to keep IIS but want to use WAMP. I found this xxx.beyondweblogs.com/post/Setting-Both-Wamp-IIS-on-80-Port-(no-need-of-81-now).aspx and it does work on my local machine but when I try to connect from the outside world it is not seeing the Apache server. I am getting "Your port 80 is not actually used". Just wanted to know if having IIS and Apache work with the outside world on port 80 is possible or not.

Or is there some other way to serve port 80 requests using both IIS and WAMP?

Thanks in advance.

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IIS and WAMP using same port.
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 24, 2009 01:18PM

Posted by: TurboMan (---.IL.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: June 24, 2009 04:17PM

It works - not sure why, but it works. Here's what I had to do. SBS has static IP of 192.168.2.4. IIS is also on 192.168.2.4. I chose the next open IP (192.168.2.8) for WAMP. Configured the NIC and IIS just like in the link I posted above. Everything worked INSIDE the network but WAMP was not working OUTSIDE. I ended up changing the router port forward for port 80 from 192.168.2.4 to 192.168.2.8. Now everything works - even IIS??? I forced IIS to listen ONLY on 192.168.2.4 and verified it with a query command.

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

Posted by: nrazaq (119.152.97.---)
Date: July 02, 2009 11:38AM

Hello, Dear post in beyondweblogs.com is working even from outside, you need to look in this issue, you may need to add you Live IP in registry and wamp setting... for further details add comment in same post:
[www.beyondweblogs.com]

Naveed Razaq | www.beyondweblogs.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.