Call to undefined function... Help!
Posted by: Jim4276 (---.t-mobile.co.uk)
Date: June 16, 2009 12:15AM

Hi,

I have two machines - a laptop running Vista Home Premium and a PC running Vista Ultimate. On my laptop everything works fine and I've being programming MySQL / PHP for some months. After I recent upgrade I've decided to setup WAMP on my PC but, so far, I've had no luck. PHP works fine, Apache works fine but I just can't get MySQL to work. All the apps have been installed to the same location and I've checked the config files against the ones on my laptop; I've copied the DLL files to System32 but I still can't get the setup to work.

One possible fault is that Apache is installed to Program Files (x86) and MySQL to Program Files (unlike on my laptop which doesn't have the x86 folder) but I can't see how that would make that much of a difference...

Anybody any advice?

Thanks in advance - Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Call to undefined function... Help!
Posted by: toumimi (---.17.115-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: June 16, 2009 12:31AM

Hi,

You said "Call to undefined function", but no what function is concerned...

Problem is your install path because it contains parentheses !!
Function used to parse it is parse_ini_file() and as it is said in the documentation :

Note: There are reserved words which must not be used as keys for ini files. These include: null, yes, no, true, false, on, off, none. Values null, no and false results in "", yes and true results in "1". Characters {}|&~![()^" must not be used anywhere in the key and have a special meaning in the value.

You must install wamp in another place, or modify path is several conf files.
You simply have to add quotes to all path...
Some of them already have quotes around....

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Posted by: Jim4276 (---.t-mobile.co.uk)
Date: June 16, 2009 12:37AM

Thanks for your reply...

The undefined function is any mysqli function. The paths within the httpd.conf file are already enclosed in quotes and, as I said, Apache works fine.

The identical configuration (with one or two exceptions to allow for the different install location) works fine on my laptop but I just can't get the mysqli functions to work...

Jim

Posted by: toumimi (---.17.115-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: June 16, 2009 12:50AM

Maybe mysqli extension is not loaded...
To activate it, Left clic on wamp icon -> PHP -> PHP extensions -> php_mysqli

EDIT : Mysql conf file also contains path so you have to correct them... (basedir, log_error, datadir)
but is not the source of your problem...

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 12:55AM by toumimi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.