FTP
Posted by: Antonimo (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: June 02, 2009 09:23PM

Is it possible to install an FTP server within WAMP?

If so, how is it accomplished?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FTP
Posted by: toumimi (---.11.115-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: June 02, 2009 09:34PM

Hi,

Why do you want to do that ?
Why not install an ftp server on your machine ?

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Date: June 02, 2009 10:02PM

Hi,

I want to do it because I have several sites within WAMP and I am used to editing the files using a text editor with FTP. It is a quicker and more efficient way for me to work because the text editor displays the files and directories as well as backing up the files that are edited.

I have seen that XAMPP has FileZilla Server included within the installation so presumably there are a number od other reasons for having an FTP server.

I would install an FTP server but I don't know how to do this.

Any advice you can offer would be very helpful.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 02, 2009 11:44PM

FileZilla Server is actually a ftp server and you can install it on your pc and w/i wamp folder if interested; however, FileZilla Server has its limit while you can try some other ftp servers and pick 1 that suit your needs

It is a quicker and more efficient way for me to work because the text editor displays the files and directories as well as backing up the files that are edited.
some ftp servers and clients has this feature but still actual download and upload files b/w server and and client pc, so the more effective way is implement webdav which will work the same way like ftp but users can actually edit the files directly on server w/o download and upload winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: June 03, 2009 09:18AM

Hi,

Thanks for the information - I shall look at webdav.

In the meantime, I have installed FileZilla Server which works well. I use FileZilla client all the time and I have no experience with any others.

If you would care to recommend a webdav or better FTP server, I'd be interested.

Thanks again,

Posted by: johnsteve2009 (120.28.242.---)
Date: June 06, 2009 02:19PM

I am using FileZilla Server too and it works very well.

make money from home

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.