Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Local Host not opening!
Posted by: IZasPIE (---.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com)
Date: March 04, 2009 05:14AM

Hello,

I need to run wamp. But localhost doesn't open. And the speedometer thing is red and white... Please help me!

Thanks,
Ivan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local Host not opening!
Date: March 04, 2009 06:30AM

Ok! This is the thing now!
Localhost or 127.0.0.1 doesn't open.

But if I do this localhost:81 or 127.0.0.1:81 in my browser, it opens. But from the icon it doesn't open localhost or phpMyAdmin. Please help me!

Posted by: cmisak (---.dsl.wchtks.swbell.net)
Date: March 04, 2009 06:50AM

I was having the same problem but your post IZasPIE lead me to a conflict on my computer with Skype.... not sure if this is the same problem or something else using PORT 81 on your machine..... But when i closed Skype i was in business! thank you

-Craig Misak
www.designksu.com

Date: March 04, 2009 07:04AM

I'm not using port 80, since it isn't working. I'm using port 81. But localhost from the wamp menu doesn't open. But if I manually write localhost:81 in my browser, it works.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 04, 2009 01:52PM

it's not opening because it sets to run on default port 80, so you have to type in browser localhost:81

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 04, 2009 04:05PM

isn't it possible to change that somewhere in files or something? So it would open from the menu? I think somehow like 2 years when I used it, it worked by changing the files. I just don't know which files.

My ISP is blocking port 80. So I can't use that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 04:16PM by IZasPIE.

Date: March 05, 2009 01:45AM

are you on windows or MAC??

if you're in windows do a google search for "Live OneCare" and than "Help" look for "Safety Scanner" its free and it will search your computer for open ports... it sounds fishy if you can't use a port something else is with or without your permission...

Craig Misak
www.designksu.com

Date: March 05, 2009 02:46AM

I use Windows! When I use this: [www.whatsmyip.org] and do a custom port scan 80, it says closed! And as I remember port 80 is blocked by my ISP(Internet Service Provider).

Date: March 05, 2009 02:54AM

This is what I got from my scan: [s43.radikal.ru]

What does that mean? It's open? Then why doesn't it work?

In my router I opened port 80 but the whatsmyip.org site shows it as closed. So i'm not sure what is going on!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 03:02AM by IZasPIE.

Date: March 05, 2009 03:09AM

That would lead me to thing that your port is being used by something.... are you from russia? because if not i would find it odd that something is accessing the net via a .RU extension... try stopping that, and see if that works, and you might think about running the virus section of the scanner. Not putting any fear into you, and i want you to know i'm just guessing at this point not seeing the details and not knowing your unique computer setup. its alittle hard.... if you don't have a virus scanner i have had very good luck with Avast its open source, and has a low resources draw.

But like i posted above fixing what ever is using port 80 fixed my problem... and for your fyi i did the simplest install C:\wamp..... with www inside that because i had tried putting it somewhere else and had troubles too.

Date: March 05, 2009 03:32AM

I think somehow like 2 years when I used it, it worked by changing the files. I just don't know which files.
in the mean time, you can set it in file wampmanager.tpl

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 05, 2009 03:42AM

No, I'm not in Russia. I just like their picture hosting. smiling smiley

Running the virus scan. nothing is using my port 80! I'm 100% sure! I checked and nothing is.

Date: March 05, 2009 03:53AM

Date: March 05, 2009 04:18AM

It says port 80 is actually used by: and it's empty!

Date: March 05, 2009 07:29AM

yfastud

why would his ISP blocking a port stop WAMP from running on his local machine?

Date: March 05, 2009 08:02AM

In America, they don't want you to do this I guess. sad smiley

Date: March 05, 2009 08:20AM

I'm in good ol' Kansas... on Cox communications i think a partner or sister company of ComCast.

and the only problem i had with WAMP not working was Skype was using port 80 shutdown Skype and i've been processing test PHP all day!

Date: March 05, 2009 08:39AM

Here in MN I got charter communications and I guess they do block it! I DON'T want to call them and find out lol!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 08:40AM by IZasPIE.

Date: March 05, 2009 09:06AM

Well i'm running out of idea.... i'm sorry if i've sent you down any wild goose chases and/or wasted your time...

I do have one more and not to be beating a dead horse but... try disconnecting from the internet all together and testing it. Unless you are using some ISP provided software that should free up PORT 80 to run locally. If you are still having troubles and all you are using is Windows services to connect to the internet. than i would have to venture a guess something else causing you the problems...

Or try installing on an old computer that isn't hooked to the internet and you could just use that as your test host by blocking it from accessing the net but still keeping on the network.

also do you have the latest version of WAMP? and did you install it in its default directory. (Shouldn't matter but... and idea)

so okay i had more than 1, i'm out for the night goodluck!

Date: March 05, 2009 03:59PM

If I disconnect how would I check my port if it's open or not? And No I'm not using any software for my ISP.

The other weird thing is: when I go thorough cmd and do netstat -an it shows port 80 open. LIke this:

TCP 0.0.0.0:80 Listening! It means it's open, but when I go here: [www.myserver.org] it shows it as blocked! i have no idea why!

When I try and run wamp on port 80 the status thing is yellow, and apache doesn't start. That;s the problem. But when I switch to 81, it works fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 04:00PM by IZasPIE.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.