error on accessing phpadmin
Posted by: domineaux1 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2009 06:49PM

I'm sure this has been covered before

I have installed the WAMP2 server about 6 times this morning and I keep getting an error password thing and it won't let me into the phpadmin.

When I first installed it I was able to move around within the PHPadmin, but I think now there are some files I'm not aware of that it is accessing.

I have completely removed the WAMP server each time between installations.

I plan completely wipe the Wamp with the uninstaller and then delete the folder where it is located now.

(I have done this each time as well).

Maybe, if I can get some help here I'll be able to work through the problems a step at a time.

I used WAMP in the past, but I'm not starting from scratch now. I have several sites on webservers. I would like to move those sites down and work with them locally. I cannot afford to bring the sites down for maintenance.

I plan to keep localserver for each site from now on, make upgrades and do maintenance at localhost then upload to webserver.

SO... I will have to create DB in localserver for each website and then import MySql db into the localserver.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: error on accessing phpadmin
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 18, 2009 11:19PM

after uninstalling wamp, make sure to remove wamp folder, search and delete any my.ini file, run regedit to search and delete wampapche and wampmysql, restart computer before reinstall wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: domineaux1 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2009 04:41AM

yfastud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> after uninstalling wamp, make sure to remove wamp
> folder, search and delete any my.ini file, run
> regedit to search and delete wampapche and
> wampmysql, restart computer before reinstall wamp

I ran the search on my Vista OS. It shows I have multiples of install.mysqli.ini and database.mysqli.ini --- is this what you mean by my.ini or are you talking specifically about a file my.ini?

I have gotten into Phpadmin,

1. created a MySql database
2. I imported my webserver database
3. I Created a user with name specified in my settings.php file (Drupal 6x)
4. So... I think I'm very close to resolving my ssues.

I appreciate your posting, especially the part about running regedit and deleting those files. I did not do that, but I did run Clary Registry cleaner before I reinstalled the WAMP.

My frontpage is working fine, but when I click on any link it will only give an error message. So... I think my issue now may be Drupal related. The Drupal.org is down now for maintenance so it may be tomorrow before I can deal with that.

Funny, I can issue a command and it will perform the command. It just won't access any linking. I'm thinking there maybe a file or something in the Drupal that needs an update or something.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2009 05:11AM

in order to run drupal or any other php script package, you need to setup db account first, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.