Spotty page loads.
Posted by: Dygear (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2009 12:25AM

Page loading with the current version of WAMP (WAMPSERVER 2.0f [16/12/08]) is spotty at best. It loads one frame of PHPMyAdmin, but not the other without a F5 reload. It loads some images of the website but not others, when you individually load images manually (Right clicking on the item, and then force loading that one image it works.)

My OS is Windows XP Pro SP3;
WAMP version 2.0f [16/12/08];
Fails in all browsers (IE, FF, Op, Sf);

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spotty page loads.
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 03, 2009 03:54AM

Posted by: Dygear (209.183.32.---)
Date: February 03, 2009 01:27PM

Indeed, it would seem the Windows Firewall does not play well with the new version of WAMP. I would of thought that port 80 would of been a standard exception in the Windows OS Firewall. But then I fell that the issue is not with port 80, but with the MySQL Port. I would recommend that the next setup add exceptions to the windows firewall directly so this issue does not propagate.

Irregardless, I would recommend that the next version of the Installer add exceptions to the Windows Firewall for Apache and MySQL.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 03, 2009 05:32PM

if you installed and then restarted before you ran it.. the firewall would ask,,,

but anyway windows firewall isnt worth considering, most have it off and have a decent firewall that monitors properly smiling smiley

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.