Different Language in Files
Posted by: tink (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: January 26, 2009 05:10PM

I just noticed that when I go to www that the index.php file is in french but that all other files are in english. I can't read french so would have no idea how to even work with that file. My guestion is would this make a difference to how wamp works if one file is in a different language than all other files?

I am having a problem with php files not being seen. When I try to add files that are both swf files and php files to get a game to work for some odd reason it keeps telling me that there are no php files. The php files are there and placed in the correct file for the game and yet I keep getting the message that the php file is missing.

I have been working on this now for days with no luck and read everything could find that might help me out but just can't seem to figure out why it is doing this.

The index.php file is of no help to me since I can't read it.

Hopefully someone here can help me figure this out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Different Language in Files
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (193.120.116.---)
Date: January 26, 2009 07:34PM

the index.php file works so this means php is working. U must be using noepad incorrectly to make ur files there are probably called filename.php.txt but windows is hing the extention. In notepad when saving type in filename.php for the name and change the type below to "all files" to change the language left click the wamp icon and goto language. Actually maybe its on the right click i cant remember!!

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Different Language in Files
Posted by: tink (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: January 26, 2009 08:06PM

Steve I am sorry but I don't understand what you are saying. Some things are easy for me to understand but what you wrote here I do find rather confusing.

I have checked to see on my live site what the and where the files should be just double check that I did it all correctly. For some odd reason they just won't work in wamp though.

I know that on the older version that I had some time ago on another computer that things worked great for me but this time around they just don't seem to be.

I have set up a smf forum on wamp and have added the arcade. Arcade is in and showing with no errors however I don't seem to be able to add any games to it at all. I have tried several and I keep getting the same thing over and over again. I tried to use the autoinstall that comes with the arcade (this worked on the other version of wamp I had) but the games fail. I then added the games manually and I get the php error. The game does not show up anywhere in the arcade on the smf site at all.

Sorry that I seem to be so dense with this. I really would like to get things to work though.

Other things that I add seem to be doing just fine.

My language is set to english.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.