Errors
Posted by: tink (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: January 17, 2009 08:35PM

I have had some big issues adding wamp. I had it added to another computer a while back and had no problems at all. However this new version has been giving one error after another. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times now and every time it is a different issue.

This time it is showing an error right after adding password. Yes I followed the guide to the T as I have done the other times. This error is new to me and I have no clue how to go about fixing it.

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user '.root'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Errors
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2009 08:37PM

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user '.root'.
when seeing this, you didn't setup password, or not set it properly, so follow my guide here
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: January 17, 2009 08:44PM

I followed the guide to the T as I stated. I even tried to redo the password to no avail. I keep getting the same message. What I find odd is that on several of the other installs that I had I also followed your instructions to the T and it worked fine. Due to other errors that I could find no help on here for I uninstalled and reinstalled. Yet this time around I got that error. It is as if the files are just not wanting to read and do as they should be.

I have no clue how to correct it since I have tried to redo it step by step and it is still showing this exact same error.

Posted by: seccon (---.Red-81-35-194.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: January 18, 2009 03:31PM

Have a look at my last entry to - [forum.wampserver.com]. - go to page 3 entry 18-01-2009.

A clean sweep before installation might help.

Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 03:35PM by seccon.

Date: January 18, 2009 04:29PM

Thank you seccon I finally got it up and running late yesterday. I once more uninstalled it and yes did another clean sweep and then reinstalled it. This time it finally worked for me.

Thank you so much to those of you that stepped in to help smiling smiley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.