Default Storage Engine?
Posted by: mikesz (116.1.227.---)
Date: January 14, 2009 11:50AM

Does the latest release have any useful release notes to explain the changes that have been made in my.ini? I just tried to do an upgrade from 2.0c to 2.0f and nothing is working, worse all my work has been with MySQL and not INNODB, now it seems that the default storage engine parameter has been eliminated? Can anybody give a clue about what is going on here? I copied all my databases into the data folder like I usually do and a serious number of them are corrupted?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Default Storage Engine?
Posted by: Mchl (79.191.9.---)
Date: January 14, 2009 10:58PM

That's why you always should backup your my.ini file as well.
Default storage engine setting is still available in MySQL 5.1.30.
It shouldn't however influence existing tables. MyISAM can not be disabled as far as I know.

Posted by: mikesz (116.1.206.---)
Date: January 15, 2009 05:41AM

Thanks and I do have a backup of my.ini. From what you have said, sounds like I should replace the installed my.ini with my own from the last release. I am a bit confused though because when I installed 2.0c it came INNODB configured which is where I ended up adding the MYISAM default storage engine not realizing that it woudl default to it if I disabled INNODB.

I tried to "tinker" with the new my.ini to make it work like the old one using Araxis Merge but the my.ini file is configured quite differently in this new release and some of the tweaks that I had to use in the previous version are not configured or missing from the new one.

For now, I have restored 2.0c where I know it runs and works but I have some unresolved issues with this new release that I was hoping some release note would solve.

Thanks for your comment.

mikesz

Posted by: Mchl (---.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl)
Date: January 15, 2009 11:33AM

Main difference between WampServer 2.0c and 2.0f is that the latter is equipped with MySQL 5.1.30 while the former with 5.0.51. You might want to check on MySQL's site if there are any differences between the two, that would affect you.

Posted by: mikesz (116.1.206.---)
Date: January 15, 2009 01:47PM

Thanks, I will do that ... mikesz

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 15, 2009 03:23PM

if you don't actually need INNODB, you should setup MyISAM as default for easier backup and restore, even w/ upgrade ;-)
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.