MySQL GUI Tools error on startup.
Posted by: jerren (98.129.173.---)
Date: December 15, 2008 09:10PM

Hi all,

Has anyone figured out how to get the MySQL GUI tools to read the proper configuration script for WAMP hosted MySQL Servers? It throws an error every time and greys out some of the features of the tool.

The Specific error is:

Either the server service or the configuration file could not be found. Startup variables and service section are therefore disabled.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL GUI Tools error on startup.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (78.149.158.---)
Date: December 17, 2008 04:04PM

Yes.

Well I was having this problem and what fixed it for me was:-

1. Start MySQL Administrator.... but DO NOT LOGIN.

2. On the Administrator login page press and hold the CTRL key. The Cancel button changes into a "Skip"
button, press that.

3. Once in you get a reduced set of options on the left, click the "Service Control" option on the left and the "Configure Service" tab.
In the "configuration file" section on this page see if your "Config Filename" field is RED, if it is its in error.

4. Change it to the correct path to your my.ini file which will be something like D:\wamp\bin\mysql5.1.30\my.ini

5. Exit and restart MySQL Administrator.

It then all worked beautifully for me. Hope it does fo you!!

Re: MySQL GUI Tools error on startup.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (78.149.158.---)
Date: December 17, 2008 04:22PM

Actually I just had a general look around in the Startup Parameters and there are lots of areas that you will also need to check. Almost all the parameters that have a filename need to be checked and replaced depending upon where you installed your version of WAMP.

I put mine on the D drive so all needed checking and changing.

Regards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.