PHP to Email Not working through wampserver
Posted by: aqualuv (---.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz)
Date: October 08, 2008 12:48PM

Hi guys, I'm an absolute newbie to this whole php and wampserver thing but here goes....

I created some php to get values from fields in an html form. I was told I needed a php server so downloaded wampserver. I've been through the forums & changed the "sendmail" bits in the php.ini files to my email address. I've also put my html & php files in the www folder. When I open the html form, it displays & functions correctly right up to the redirection. But I just get a blank page (which is fine cos I redirected to a php file) so I assume that since I cant see the php code that I have wampserver running correctly.

My questions, as I'm a newbie to all of this, is.... should I be able to see something happen with wampserver IF an email is being created & sent (which it isn't cos it's coming to me & I'm not getting any emails). Is this something wampserver should be enabling me to do or do I need something else. Or have I just got wampserver configured incorrectly? When i initially set it up, i put in the smtp for my mail server and my email address.

Confused.

Cheers
(oh and you can tell me to bugger off if I'm nowhere near the mark, would hate to waste your guys time if I'm doing totally the wrong thing)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2008 12:49PM by aqualuv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP to Email Not working through wampserver
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2008 01:36PM

Posted by: toivo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 08, 2008 09:48PM

Hi,

Have you checked the PHP error log in c:/wamp/logs for any errors which usually explain the blank pages?

You could also search for 'smtp' in this forum from the last 90 days - just click the line that asks you to click it to see the results.

Keep in mind the security of your site and do some reading regarding 'mail injection' and 'sql injection' and protect your forms first before publishing them.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Date: October 09, 2008 02:11AM

Thanks for your reply. I did read in the forum that it doesnt come with a mail server but figured if I just used my isp smtp that it would work (told ya I was a newbie lol).

Appreciate the response though, thnk you

Date: October 09, 2008 02:13AM

Thanks for the reply toivo. Will definitely check out the stuff you suggested. Although this isn't actually for publishing on the internet at all. It's to be used internally through a database management programme that utilises html/php etc.

Appreciate the guidance & response.
Cheers

NB:checked the error log & it's blank. My PHP "guru" told me that my scripting is 100% & that it's probably a problem with my wampserver setup & will check it out for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2008 02:16AM by aqualuv.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.