Problem with MySQL
Posted by: aeraki100 (---.xan.duth.gr)
Date: October 04, 2008 10:40AM

Hello.

I have set up a wiki page with MediaWiki and WAMP. When I tried to install an extension (confirmaccount) for my wiki, I extracted the extension files to the appropriate folder and then, according to the guide, I should do this in order to have access to the extension:

"Run the SQL query, substituting in your wiki's table prefix. ConfirmAccount.pg.sql is for PostgreSQL, and ConfirmAccount.sql is for MySQL. That is, find whichever of those two files, and send a query that creates the account_credentials and account_requests tables, with /*$wgDBprefix*/ replaced according to whatever is appropriate."

I have no idea how to work with MySQL, everything was done by the system so far.

When I use the extension without having done this step, there is a message in all wiki pages (their title is "error in database"winking smiley that says "1146: Table 'ece.account_requests' doesn't exist (localhost)". Ece is my wiki's name.

What should I do? Please guide me step by step.

Thank you in advance

(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with MySQL
Posted by: toivo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 04, 2008 12:06PM

Hi,

Edit the file ConfirmAccount.sql and do as it says, replace the string /*$wgDBprefix*/ as indicated in the instructions with the prefix of the tables in your wiki, probably ece. with the dot at the end.

Open phpMyAdmin. If you have any problems in accessing it, just do a search on this forum for phpMyAdmin to find previous posts how to set the password (click the line that says so to see the results).

Select your database from the pane on the left and click the tab SQL in the menu at the top.

Copy and paste the edited ConfirmAccount.sql into the text area for running queries.

Click Go.

The two new tables should now have been created.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Date: October 04, 2008 01:05PM

Thank you so much for your help, but I do not understand what I should put in confirmaccount.sql in the place of /*$wgDBprefix*/.

Yes, i edit the file, I find where the /*$wgDBprefix*/ is indicated in there and then? You say "replace the string /*$wgDBprefix*/ with the prefix in your wiki". Where could I find this prefix?

Thank you!

Date: October 04, 2008 01:46PM

At last I managed to install the extension with your precious help!

Thank you very very much, regards from beautiful and suuny Greece.

Tom.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2008 02:07PM by aeraki100.

Posted by: toivo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 05, 2008 11:42PM

Cheers, Tom. After a day of +35C, it has been raining for a couple of days here in Sydney.

By the way, if you want to administer your MySQL server remotely from the LAN, it is easier to use a client application like MySQL Administrator which is not dependent on the web server running on the local machine.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.