Memcached
Posted by: ddeile (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: August 27, 2008 02:53AM

Hi,

Running the latest version of Wampserver. I want to implement use of memcache in a current project, I have turned on mem_cache_module in the apache settings and php_memcache in the php settings.

I am not able to connect to memcache, receiving the following error:

Message: Memcache::connect() [memcache.connect]: Server localhost (tcp 11211) failed with: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060)

I had thought that turning on the mem_cache_module would start the memcache daemon, but I'm guessing that this is not correct.

Do I need to install the memcache win32 binaries and start the daemon from the windows command line? If I do, is there a prefered place to install them? Or is there some other setting in WAMP that I am missing?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Memcached
Date: August 27, 2008 06:17AM

Solved. Installed the win32 binaries and all now works as expected.

Posted by: jdgiotta (---.mediageneral.net)
Date: December 03, 2008 03:20PM

ddeile: can you give me some info on getting memcache working?

Posted by: jwilliams (---.cdc-usa.com)
Date: February 09, 2009 05:50PM

jdgiotta:

Visit this site to for instructions on downloading and installing the win32 binaries: [pureform.wordpress.com]

The instructions after starting the memcached service are not necessary with WAMP. Instead of modifying the php.ini file, start the apache mem_cache_module and the php_memcache service.

Then run the test php script provided from the link above. You should be in business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 05:51PM by jwilliams.

Date: February 17, 2009 04:03AM

The url that jdgiotta provided explains how to get this working. Memcached will run as a service in windows. Once its installed and running, you can access it from the cmd window.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.