mysqlserver ip address
Posted by: akaballa (---.cisco.com)
Date: August 11, 2008 03:09PM

Hi There,

I have been running wampserver 2 through localhost all this time. So only I get access to this website. But now that the development phase is over, I have moved the website to a different url. However, I would like to keep the mysql database server in my windows machine and allow other users to be able to use the website to insert information in the DB in my computer. I initially changed the server name to my ip address in httpd.conf. Then I made the ip change in my php file. Then I added the old_passwords ( I was getting a could not connect error please upgrade mysql) function under the [mysqld] and [wampserverd] section in the my.ini file (i also tried adding it to only one of those sections). Basically after doing all this, I am getting the error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'username'@'subdomain.domain.com' (using password: YES) in /auto/web-misc/szaki/ASTrainings/mysqlConnection.php on line 4
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'username'@'subdomain.domain.com' (using password: YES)

I have been trying to solve this problem for a while now, but cant seem to fix t. Plz help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mysqlserver ip address
Posted by: Jamesking55 (86.148.117.---)
Date: August 14, 2008 09:20PM

Hello!

So you are saying that when you use IP Address then it win't connect to MYSQL?

If so, I know exactly what is wrong

Are you using Wireless Internet or a Router? If so, You will need to PortForward port 80 (TCP & UDP) to allow outsiders access to your WAMP Server

Also, Make sure your WAMP Server is Online! (white with NO lock)

If you have done that then it should work!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.