May I know what is the username and password of wamp server?
Posted by: james (220.255.7.---)
Date: July 29, 2008 05:32PM

Hi all,

I am new to using Wampserver. I have installed the wamp server to win XP. The problem arise when I try to go to my localhost. It opens in a web browser and request for my username and password. Does it have any username and password for wamp server? I typed in 'root' for both of them and it still does not let me bypass it. Strange. Does it need a login? I clicked cancel and it displays a blank webpage. I need to view my localhost to check whether I have connected successfully. May I know what is the username and password?

Thanks.

Cheers!

James

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: May I know what is the username and password of wamp server?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 29, 2008 06:13PM

When seeing a login, it's most likely you have either IIS, your router login or .htaccess file in your project folder

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: james (---.203-123-21.1500adsl.qala.com.sg)
Date: July 31, 2008 12:47PM

Yes. I do have an IIS for the computers. How do I disable that? Is there any default password to access in? Can I have both IIS and WampServer together?

THanks for reading.

Cheers!

Date: July 31, 2008 01:57PM

theory, you can have both, but IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Veretax (---.mantech.com)
Date: July 31, 2008 09:34PM

You shouldn't have to disable Wampserver with IIS Running, but I'd recommend it if your not developing for IIS. All you need to do is change the listen and server port in apache's httpd.conf file to a port other than 80. I'm trying to see if I can get the shortcuts in the systray icon to point there instead of to plain localhost.

Date: August 01, 2008 12:03AM

He he ... he he... ;-)

I was using both before and at first it seemed everything was ok, then started to run into issue after another, so now only wamp w/ asp.net and sql add-on

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.