phpmyadmin wont start
Posted by: PaulDiv (---.ts005.bmt.esat.net)
Date: June 29, 2008 03:02AM

My phpmyadmin wont start and I get these 2 warnings:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(c:/wamp/tmp\sess_5b9375c139c0b0a296ce946ce9dabe47, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\wamp\phpmyadmin\index.php on line 44

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (c:/wamp/tmp) in C:\wamp\phpmyadmin\index.php on line 44

Has anyone else has this error?

I looked in my WAMP folder and there is no tmp directory like that mentioned in the first warning.

I can get into my sites and everything else is fine but phpmyadmin is acting up..
I ran CCleaner the other day and thought it might have deleted something inportant.

Thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2008 03:04AM by PaulDiv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin wont start
Posted by: Jamesking55 (---.range86-139.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 29, 2008 03:14PM

you need a TMP directory for WampServer to function properly, for some reason when you installed it obviously failed to make the TMP directory.

So, Here I will tell you the structure for the TMP directory so you can make it manually:

you need to make a folder called tmp im the WAMPServer folder

Then you need a file in there called "session_dir", in that "session_dir" file all you need to do is edit it and type in "session directory" then save

Done!

Re: phpmyadmin wont start
Posted by: PaulDiv (---.ts005.bmt.esat.net)
Date: June 29, 2008 03:27PM

It's running now James. Thanks very much for answering my question.

Its strange because I have been running wamp for a couple of months and phpmyadmin was ok.
Only the other day it stopped working. I would never delete anything from the wamp dir and I dont know how this could have happened.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.