Application Error
Posted by: fras (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 27, 2008 06:19AM

Hello,

I downloaded WAMP and received an Application Error from windows. Specifically, I received the following:

Header of popup window read:
"Aestan Tray Menu: wampmanger.exe - Application Error"

...and the body read:
"The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b.

The error is received after launching the app after what appears to be a successful install. I ran CCleaner.exe, restarted my PC after several uninstalls and reinstalls. I tested the download on a work PC and all loaded fine and works as expected. I have searched many forums, but cannot seem to find an answer.

Does anyone have experience troubleshooting this type of thing? Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance,
Fras

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Application Error
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: June 27, 2008 08:44AM

wat version of windows

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: fras (66.9.221.---)
Date: June 27, 2008 04:14PM

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply.

I am running Win XP SP2. At first when I loaded the App I did get as far as the WAMP icon in the system tray, but received an app error. After I uninstalled the first time, I went to c drive to delete the wamp folder. At that time I did see a Mysql folder on root of c as well. I realize now that that particular folder did not come from the wamp install, but rather must have been from a separate install. Which for the life of me I cannot remember ever installing it, but I must have sometime ago.

I suspect this previous installation of MySQl has caused the issue. The steps that I have taken to try and rectify are:

1 - Uninstalled WAMP via Add/Remove Programs
2 - Located wamp in root of C and deleted folder (also got rid of old MySQl folder on C...did not see it listed in ADD/Remove programs, though)
3 - Cleared Deleted Items folder
4 - Restarted Computer
5 - Ran CCleaner.exe registry cleaner
6 - Restarted Computer
7 - Attempted Wamp install again. Installer appears to go through without issue.
8 - When app is launched, error noted above appears.

NOTE: It was only on first install that I ever got as far as having WAMP icon in system tray.

Sorry for the long post. Just trying to provide as much detail as I can. Thank you again to anyone that may be able to help.

Fras

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 27, 2008 06:39PM

Also you need to search and delete any my.ini file outside wamp folder as well

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: June 27, 2008 11:17PM

Thank you for the suggestion. I went ahead and deleted the only my.ini file I found outside of WAMP. Then did a compete reinstall. Unfortunately, the result is the same.

Date: June 28, 2008 03:24AM

You get that error only when your firewall prevent it or you have corrupted wamp installer; try to get another copy from here

[downloads.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2008 03:31AM by yfastud.

Date: June 28, 2008 06:11AM

I downloaded fresh install from suggested site, disabled firewall (and NAV) then went through process again.......sad to report the same result.

Any and all additional suggestions are welcome.

Thank you again for trying to help. I really appreciate it.

Date: June 29, 2008 06:19PM

I discovered that my brother had Googles App Engine environment installed on PC. I went ahead and deleted it, ran through the sequence listed above again, and still the same Application Error message.

Can anyone think of any other reasons as to why this would be happening?

Date: July 04, 2008 07:04AM

bump

Date: July 04, 2008 04:48PM

Hate to say this, but we can only help or have some suggestion based on what you stated, so if you don't even have a clue what you have on your computer, the best way is reformat hard drive or buy another one, which is so dirt cheap nowadays, and install wamp right after windows, of course before any other software, then after make sure wamp work as expected, install other software 1 by 1; check wamp after each installation to find out which software might causes wamp not work ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.