data directories elsewhere
Posted by: davidtg (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2008 02:34PM

Hi!

I found WAMPserver recently and love it; it saved me so incredibly much time and hosts my local application happily, and I am VERY grateful to have it!

I am installing WAMPserver on a second computer and once again wish that there were a way to have the data directories separate from the installation directory, though.

I think I have hacked my way through moving the Apache dirs, but the MySQL data appears to be beyond me. I'm left with backing up some directory buried in the middle of my big installation.

Is there an easy way to change the data locations for both that I may have overlooked? And could a "data directory" be added along with the "install directory" config at installation time?

TIA & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G
[justpickone.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: data directories elsewhere
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 10, 2008 02:52PM

Re: data directories elsewhere
Posted by: davidtg (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2008 03:15PM

Hi again, all --

yfastud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Read this instruction to get idea how to backup
>
> [guides.jlbn.net]

Thanks for the pointer. I don't need that, though, as I know *how* to back up; I want it to be *easy*. I should be able to back up my entire system once a month or once a week or whatever and have a directory tree of actual data that I can back up daily or hourly or whatever. I don't want to have to back up the entire WAMP installation; that's over 150M of infrastructure alone.

Thanks again & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G
[justpickone.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.