question about the myslq error
Posted by: sixx (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: June 07, 2008 10:58AM

ok i have had mysql installed alone before and it worked fine now im tryin to use this program and when im installing the mysql instance im makin it a multifunctional database with the max manual setting after clicking execute it stops at start service and gives me mysql error;0 and does not finish it still installs it as a windows service but i can delete that no prob im just wondering how to get past this error so i can continue on..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question about the myslq error
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 07, 2008 05:46PM

wamp comes w/ mysql and it conflicts w/ your old 1, so you need to backup your current db, then uninstall current mysql including delete its registry before installing this wamp, then restore your db after installation successful

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: sixx (207.118.53.---)
Date: June 08, 2008 12:02AM

i have done all that i unistalled program deleted anything in registrey that said apache wamp xamp mysql it brings me a error that says cant find the template so i copy the my template file to the mysql bin and try again and it goes to the start service but gets the error:0

Date: June 09, 2008 02:29AM

You had xamp before? A lot of people had problem to install this wamp after used and even uninstall xamp :-(

Try this:

Click Start -> Run

Type regedit (the Win Registry Editor pops up)

Doubleclick HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Click Environment

In the right panel of the editor, you will see the environment variables xampp created. right-click the names created by xampp, then select Delete

Close the editor, then restart.

Important: be careful in deleting name-values here. if you delete a wrong name-value pair, your windows might fail.

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 02:33AM by yfastud.

Date: June 09, 2008 04:43AM

kk i got it all workin mysql apache everythin starts i did xactly wut i wus told 2 do from yall multiple times b4 puttin wamp back on 2 make sure everythin perfect but now even tho everything is running and all the wamp is working i still connot do the instance config it keeps erroring at the start service with error 0 so i assum i cant change the instance config is that just like how it is or wuts up with all that do i gotta change something in my wamp files to make it work the mysql that came with the wamp is intsalled at C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.0.51b\ i noticed in the my.ini or mebe it was the template file it didnt have the extra mysql5.0.51b folder in its written path its was like C:\wamp\bin\mysql\ but i have the extra folder by default it just put it there it supposed to be like that? this is frustratin me cmon theres gotta be somthin up wit it

Date: June 09, 2008 05:04AM

do i gotta name it wampmysqld? or can i just call it Mysql

Date: June 09, 2008 05:09AM

or mebe right after i insall wamp am i supposed to restart the comp immedialty i gotta know this lol i gotta get it workin i need a detailed configuration / developer machine / multifunctional database / manual setting - max

Date: June 09, 2008 05:11AM

Date: June 09, 2008 06:09AM

ok let me start over i dont talk good so excuse me im sorry, anyways ok i download wamp i make sure my registry is clean no xampp wamp mysql apache nothin is there everything is clean then i install it apache starts mysql doesnt so i change my.ini file to say default-storage-engine=MyISAM instead of the innodb one.
mysql starts everything is running fine so i go into the mysql folder and click configure instance so i cane make it into a detailed multifunctional database it says cannot find the template.cnf file so i move the file into the bin folder then it can find it but at the start service it says error 0 even tho the regisrty is clean no one program not xampp mysql nothin is installed. k but if i go to phpadmin it will connect so i go in to permissions and change the password on the root localhost from nopassword to use password and type in a password then it says password has been changed as it should. but after that if i go back to phpadmin it says error using password no even tho there is a password now, it doesnt try to put one in because on default there is no password so it stays at no im assuming. so i guess my main questions are if everything is clean and working how it should why do i still get error 0 when i try to start service and how do i make it so it knows to use password. iv done alot fo stuff to try to fix this but cant find anything i can send screenshots to u if u have a msnmessenger or email i can reach u at or if you know what i should do and i dont think the prob is in the registry im positive but if u know something i have to change in a file or somethin plz let me know

Date: June 09, 2008 01:30PM

You're missing some steps for setting up password, check instruction here

[guides.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: June 10, 2008 03:53AM

ok i got the password stuff done its fine on that part k but here a question for ya go to your wamp folder then bin then mysql then bin then go to instance config and do sometype of config did it let u with out a error? mine errors everytime no matter wut i try the registry stuff unstillin every lil thing that has to do with php apache mysql anything iv done it all multiple times over and over and over again it errors out on cant find my_template so i move the template folder into the bin folder then it errors out at start start service with error 0 i dont know what to do its not the registry i kno for a fact its not previous installations nothin like that. in the phpadmin if i go to permissions and click the user any it says #1 - Can't create/write to file 'C:\xampp\tmp\#sql_91c_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2) but there is no xampp in the registry theres no xampp anywhere iv looked iv done mass searches and everything no trace of it at all and other thing theres this warning error at the top of that screen Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin2.11.6\server_privileges.php on line 572

Date: June 10, 2008 01:20PM

Search and delete any my.ini file outside wamp folder, and try again

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.