Slow Site Load
Posted by: NowakFilip (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: June 05, 2008 11:12PM

Hello Guys,

I have setup a server on my computer using WampServer and people say that my site is loading really slow.

Is there a way i can speed up the load of my site, my site address is [65.184.16.112]

Please let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Slow Site Load
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 11:50PM

ok iv had a look. it loads fine .. the main page, about page etc... its the search page tats extremly slow. after 1min it still was not finihsed.. can u post up the search.php oage here and ill have a look as to why it might be slow

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: June 06, 2008 01:24AM

The site and the search engine only loads slow on the server I'm running from my computer.

This is my other site, but it's hosted on a hosting company server and it loads fine, take a look here [snoork.com]

There is no problem with the site script, because it loads fine on the hosting company servers. The only problem is that all the sites load slow when I host them on my own server from my computer.

Please help me.

Date: June 06, 2008 01:31AM

well the simple solution is buy a faster internet connection. your upload speed is too slow...

but
are u running this on wamp at home? cos i still think its ur search script is not working properly with wamp. why is it so slow and yet the other pages are fine?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: June 06, 2008 01:39AM

My currently upload speed is 370 kilobytes per second and my upload speed is 7,500 kilobytes per second.

Yes, I'm running the [65.184.16.112] on my WampServer at home.

When I placed other script on the WampServer it was loading slow too for people.

Date: June 06, 2008 01:45AM

upload speed is too small... u need at least a 2meg upload....(2000 kb) if your going to have a script connect to another site... download results.. then resend them to the user...

there is free hosting on the web... it maybe better to use it such as >> http:2gbfreehost.com

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: June 06, 2008 01:54AM

I have a paid shared hosting from a company, but I thought I would be able to run my whole network of sites on my own server.

Because I spent lots of money on the shared hosting, because my site [snoork.com] take 8 gigabytes of bandwidth daily and each day it's growing.

So I thought I would be able to run it from my own server, but my internet provider offers 517 kilobyets per second ad the highest upload speed they have.

Date: June 06, 2008 02:08AM

you see the offer 527kbps(kilobits) but the acutal transfer of info is about 70KBPS(kilobytes)

you only get about 1/8 of the speed they offer when you download( lost packets, error checking etc)

at the moment you only hvae 370kbps which gives u actual upload size of 45KBS per second

1 your downloading the users search term wen they click Search
2 your processing it and then uploading it to google is it? or who ever gets your results..
3 you download the results..
4 you upload the results to the user..

as you can see there is just no way this will work anyway quickly...

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: djangobanana (---.rev.numericable.fr)
Date: July 06, 2008 01:38PM

hi NowakFilip

i posted a reply that might help you. here : [forum.wampserver.com]

let me know if in turn you find a solution for my problem

thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.