Wamp won't start
Posted by: xqx (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 26, 2008 04:47AM

Every time I try to start wampserver 2.0 nothing happens, a red speedometer shows up on in the task bar, but that's it. I've had wampserver installed once before (I was going to switch to apache2triad but changed my mind), but I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it...how do I fix this? Thanks in advance everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp won't start
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 26, 2008 05:36AM

You need to search and delete wampapache and wampmysql in registry before reinstalling new wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: deepaknettem (---.53.162.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: May 26, 2008 07:26AM

xqx,

i am also facing the same problem. it shows a red speedometer, thats it. its gone kaput. dunno what to do..and thers no help on this forum..

i tried opening the httpd.exe file in the apache folder inside wamp. But it doenst open. I then opened the apache monitor console, then through services option tried to start the wampapache service.

It says the service can start.

any help available for this?

Date: May 28, 2008 01:21AM

I've uninstalled wamp and deleted the wamp directories out of my C:\ folder, then reinstalled wamp, but it still refuses to work, showing only the red speedometer. Are there any solutions?

Upon installing wampserver, I noticed a warning at the very end of the installation, which can be seen at [aquate.us] -- does that have anything to do with my problem?

Date: May 28, 2008 01:32AM

Did you guys search and delete wampapache and wampmysql in registry? BTW, did you guys ever have any other wamp such as xampp, phpeasy, so on? It will block this wamp even already uninstalled :-(

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: May 28, 2008 03:29AM

By "search in registry" you mean use the usual Windows search from the Start Menu, right? I searched for anything with "apache" or "mysql" in it, and got no results (I had already deleted the wamp directory in the C:\ folder).

I did have xampp installed on my computer, but I uninstalled it & deleted the xampp folder in C:\.

Date: May 28, 2008 05:03AM

I did have xampp installed on my computer, but I uninstalled it & deleted the xampp folder in C:\
As mentioned, its registries still stay in your computer and block this wamp to run. A lot of people already had this problem

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: May 28, 2008 05:35AM

I'm sorry; I probably sound like a dunce. If I can get one last bit of help - where can I find these registries? I've already run a Windows Explorer search on anything including "xampp", "mysql", or "apache", and it only returning files in the Recycle Bin, which I erased. Is there a specific place where these registries are found?

Thanks for your time!

Date: May 28, 2008 05:55AM

For XP: Windows Start Menu, Run, then type regedit, then perform search and delete wampapache and wampmysql. For Vista, just type regedit in the search box

For xampp, you have to check its forums

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: May 29, 2008 03:27AM

Thank you; I was able to reinstall wampserver successfully.

Date: May 29, 2008 05:22AM

Posted by: Neureo (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 31, 2008 12:53AM

I was having the exact same problem so I tried this solution and it worked... then wamp was accidentally deleted off my computer so I tried reinstalling it again -- after deleting everything that came up in Registry Editor when I searched for apache or mysql... and it still won't work...

I get this error when I try to install wamp: [i32.tinypic.com]

Any way to fix this? Sorry to be a bother...

Posted by: Neureo (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 01, 2008 12:28AM

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Date: June 01, 2008 05:38AM

Uninstall wamp, rename or delete wamp folder, search and delete wampapache and wampmysql in registry, restart computer, then reinstall wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.