MDB2.php
Posted by: ronc (---.241.234.64.what-wire.com)
Date: May 13, 2008 09:38PM

Hi Folks,
I am trying to setup a server using WAMP (WampServer2.0c.exe). Everything works fine until I try to use PEAR with MDB2. I perform the PEAR setup (pear install MDB2) and that appears to work as expected. It also makes an entry in php.ini as follows:
;***** Added by go-pear
include_path=".;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\pear"
;*****

However, when I use "require_once('MDB2.php');" I get the following error that makes no sense to me.
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'MDB2.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear')

If I scan the entire c:\wamp dir structure, there are 4 references to C:\php5\pear
two references in c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.8\bin\php5ts.dll
two references in c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\php5ts.dll

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers .................... RonC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MDB2.php
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: May 13, 2008 09:54PM

altho pear knows where to look for files... wen u dont specify where,,, if u install in the wrong spot then ul need to specify exatly

use

require_once('c:/filepath/MBDE. ETC

fill in the filepath to it
or move pear or change its include path

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: May 13, 2008 10:10PM

Hi Steven,

I agree that specifying the entire path is 1 solution but shouldn't the dlls be reading the php.ini file to determine the location?

Thanks, I can change my "require_once" to reflect the entire path but this seems odd to me.

Cheers ............... RonC

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: May 13, 2008 10:29PM

normally on a server the php folder would be always below the www folder...
but heirachly it is now above in your setup...
try installing pear directly into c:wamp

i dont use pear on wamp but have on productio servers... so i dont really know..

i will look at pear in more detail soon and make a manual if its not straight forward..

i do agree with you tho... pear was designed not to have to specify full file paths . so its annoying if you have to

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: May 13, 2008 10:58PM

Hi Steven,

No, that is exactly the issue. PEAR is installed where it should be - i.e. subordinate to php. That is why I do NOT understand why the dll is looking in c:\php5\pear.
C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\PEAR

And, specifying the entire file pathname does not help because then MDB2 can't find files it needs. BTW, there is no c:\php5 dir on my system.

Cheers ............... RonC

Date: May 17, 2008 12:47AM

Hi Folks,

I have removed and reinstalled WAMP twice now and I still do not know how to change the install process to NOT use "C:\php5\pear " as the include_path dir. I would think that WAMP should know where it PHP is since it is part the WAMP install process.

I guess I'll just give up on MDB2.

Cheers ................... RonC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.