Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How to access wamp from outside of local home network
Posted by: rctneil (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: April 29, 2008 07:20PM

ok, I understand now, I do ahve the option to turn dhcp off in the router config? Does that make a difference?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 29, 2008 07:32PM

to ur problem no.. what it does wen its off is it gives all the computers connected the same ip all the time,, if its on.. as a computer connects its assigned the next ip from 192.168.1.2 on wards...

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: April 29, 2008 08:24PM

ok,
I have just signed up with no-ip.com

What settings do I need to enter as I ahve no clue whatsoever?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 29, 2008 08:33PM

click redirects on the left.... then in the page get a domain name and press port 80 redirect. fill in 8080 as the port then save it on the site

then open tht program and it shou update to ur ip everytime

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: April 29, 2008 08:37PM

It still doesn;t work

In my router settings under port forward, It askes me to choose lan ip first then I can add port forards to that lan ip. But what happens if when I trun on my pc another time I get a different local ip?

I need more help. - everyone seems to get this working so easily , why can;t mine be as simple?

Date: April 29, 2008 09:12PM

what settings do I need in httpd.conf?

so what do I put for:

ServerName:
Listen:

Date: April 29, 2008 10:16PM

Can anyone help?

Posted by: ciprianmp (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: May 01, 2008 01:58AM

Ok, here is how I do it:
I use a LinkSys Broadband Router in my house, so I can get all my 5 pc's/laps permanently connected to the same FiberLink provider. The public IP is a dynamic one, so it changes with every "reconnect".

I set my development pc (the wamp server host) to have a manually configured IP. All the rest get IPs by DHCP from the router.
Then, in my router settings, under "Port Range Forward" I set all incoming requests on port 80 to be sent/forwarded to my manual/internal IP (eg 192.168.1.101)

I run wamp with "Listen 80" setting on httpd.conf. (open to all interfaces)

At this point, the server is finely accessible from the localhost and WAN / external requests (localhost, 127.0.0.1, LAN IP 192.168.1.101 and WAN IP 82.bla.bla.bla). To make sure your server is well configured and fully running, test all those addresses, by putting http:// in front of each one.

From now on, there comes the trick with a dynamic IP.
As I said, my IP could change every minute, depending on how often does my router/modem reconnects to the provider's link.

You would need to have a static address/domain reachable from internet (outside LAN), anytime. To do that, I personally use DynDNS.org services, which never caused me troubles.
Register on [www.dyndns.org] site and add+configure your desired host (host names are available in various range of formats like yourname.no-ip.net, yourname.homeip.net, yourname.selfip.com and many others). Choose service type: "Host with IP address".
If your router doesn't accept dyndns services, go and download DynDNS updater from their Support page (https://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/windows.html). That app is a very low resources consumer, it's running in the tray bar and continously monitor your public/WAN IP. Whenever the IP changes, DynDNS updater sends it to your account Host service on dyndns.org site, so your chosen hostname gets registered in their DNS server with the new IP.
You don't really need to understand how all this work, important is that it's working.

As a demo, here is my own pc available through a router to the web: [ciprianmp.homeip.net]

To summarize, the tricks are:
1. setting your router to forward requests on port you wish from the router to your local IP;
2. Having a DynDNS service registered.

Good luck and let us know if it worked for you.
Ciprian M.

PS: btw... only [localhost] doesn't work for me, and I couldn't figure out why (but I don't need it anyway...)

Posted by: natattack06 (---.ok.ok.cox.net)
Date: May 01, 2008 07:56PM

Hey, not my intent to hijack this, but I'm having the same problem and have bonked trying to fix it. Hopefully we can solve everyone's issue.

On my box, I can hit my server by 127.0.0.1, localhost, the DHCP and the external IP. I'm on my laptop at a coffee shop remote through Logmein into my server and for some reason the IP will not allow me to visit the server. From the box itself, all methods work.

Port forwarding is on for port 80. Virtual server is set to allow HTTP on port 80 and I have DMZ set to that servers IP as well.

It's strange. Running out of ideas. Maybe it's just not working from here??

Posted by: ciprianmp (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: May 01, 2008 07:59PM

Yes, might be a firewall filter set on the access point that you connect to. Can you access mine at [ciprianmp.homeip.net] ?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 01, 2008 09:34PM

I'm on my laptop at a coffee shop remote through Logmein into my server and for some reason the IP will not allow me to visit the server.
Through logmein or through wan ip in browser?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.