Nusphere debugger install causes an Aestan tray error
Posted by: rcurgenven (78.150.60.---)
Date: April 23, 2008 11:49AM

Hello.

Firstly, thanks a million for Wampserver, it's great.

But I think my install of the Nusphere debugger has broken it.

Wampserver was running fine and I ran the Nusphere dbg-wizard.php to show me where to set up the PHP 5.25 debugger. This I followed and by 'restarting' the wampserver services everything then seemed fine.

But since I have shut down and restarted the machine I now cannot start Wampserver. I get an error message that says -

Aestan Tray Menu

The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 915:
[EParseError] Invalid section tag

Looking at wampmanager.ini, I see that it refers to php_ext_php_dbg.dll-5.2.x, the debugger extension loaded for Nusphere PhpED and the syntax error is caused by an inserted 'return'

I.e. at line 915:
[php_ext_php_dbg.dll-5.2.x
]
Action: service; Service: wampapache; ServiceAction: stop; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "d:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.5/php-win.exe";Parameters: "-c . switchPhpExt.php php_dbg.dll-5.2.x
off";WorkingDir: "d:/wamp/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "d:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.5/php-win.exe";Parameters: "-c . refresh.php";WorkingDir: "d:/wamp/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "net"; Parameters: "start wampapache"; ShowCmd: hidden; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: resetservices;
Action: readconfig;

If I remove the return e.g. [php_ext_php_dbg.dll-5.2.x] and save it I get another error at line 671 about a closing quote. This is also caused by an inserted 'Return'. If I edit this and save it, starting WampServer returns to the original error at 915.

I'm going around in circles.

Can anyone help please?

P.s. It's running on Vista Home Premium

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nusphere debugger install causes an Aestan tray error
Posted by: nhekman (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: May 02, 2008 05:11AM

I had the same problem. I believe it's the strangely-named dll that's confusing wamp server. I fixed the problem by renaming the dll so it ended in .dll.

Here are the steps I took:

1. In c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\ext, rename php_dbg.dll.5.2.x to php_dbg_52x.dll.
2. In c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.8\bin\php.ini, change the line extension=php_dbg.dll.5.2.x likewise to the new name (extension=php_dbg_52x.dll)
3. In c:\wamp\wampmanager.ini, search for all instances of "5.2.x" and delete the entire sections (I found two such sections).

Run wamp server again.

Nate

Posted by: sunnydel (193.120.116.---)
Date: May 02, 2008 05:03PM

Did you try turning it off and turning it back on again.

Love Sunny xxx

Posted by: nhekman (---.gtconnect.net)
Date: May 02, 2008 05:28PM

Yes Sunny, I tried restarting but that did not work.

As long as that dll is referenced with its non-standard name in the php.ini file, the error appears. Wamp parses the php.ini file every time it is run in order to populate the list of extensions that can be enabled or disabled through the tray icon. It looks for lines beginning with "extension=" and from them generates the wampmanager.ini file, which is used by the tray icon application. Because this particular extension doesn't end in .dll like all the others, that appears to be messing up the parsing algorithm.

Easy workaround though, as I described.

Nate

Posted by: rcurgenven (89.240.86.---)
Date: May 03, 2008 11:35AM

Hooray..

That's solved it, now it's all working fine again. By the way, I found three instances in wampmanager.ini.
I'll forward this all onto Nusphere and see if they'll stop using their wierd naming system.

Thanks for all your help.

Russ.

Posted by: BHB (---.sub-75-192-143.myvzw.com)
Date: January 14, 2012 03:50PM

I have downloaded most recent version of WAMP and been trying to figure this Aesan tray problem for over a week now. The files listed above are not going to help me; looks like they fixed this issue in latest version (file name) THOUGH did NOT fix the problem.

changed to port 8181; I have ESET smart but feel like I have made all proper configurations there. Even disabled WAMP does not run.

I am really starting to wonder about this program. I loved working with it but this much time to set up seems NUTS!

Any help is appreciated.

Would love to find list of wamp and try an older version.... only see one version to download.

bhb

Posted by: scarabaeus (---.dhcp.gsvl.ga.charter.com)
Date: January 14, 2012 05:37PM

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 14, 2012 05:53PM

if you wanna get teamviwer.. ill troubleshoot it..

there isnt any issues with wamp - its downloaded 100,000 times a week...

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: BHB (---.sub-75-243-103.myvzw.com)
Date: January 16, 2012 10:04PM

Hello My genius WAMP friends,

I'm not sure what you mean by teamviewer?

I do assume WAMP is fine it's just windows or something else causing the issue. I have seen two suggestions for a solve that give me best gut feeling: .NET framework and/or some other windows C++ download. If I could match the older version (below) I expect that one would work...?? but really best to have latest version so no reason to put it off.

I have windwos xp professional with service pack 2. critical updates = y

I would be much obliged to get some direct help. Evenings are generally best for me, 8 pm east coast? Depends on how much time is needed. I could get an afternoon opened up.

Version I had working on my older computer was Apache 2.2.7, MySQL 5.5.8, PHP 5.3.5 in phpmyadmin 3.3.9.

I have never installed on this computer but since it is my better graphic computer and my other is in shop, seems like I should have it here too. smiling smiley I miss my WAMP time. Making me grouchy!!! hehehe

gg

Posted by: vinothkumarc (---.com)
Date: January 19, 2012 10:18AM

You need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package

[www.microsoft.com] (x86)
[www.microsoft.com] (x64)

Thanks,
Vinoth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.