I can find the answer!!!! Resolved!!
Posted by: Tribune (---.hsd1.ky.comcast.net)
Date: April 23, 2008 04:50AM

Hello All Wamp Lovers...

I had wamp running running like a stallion..2 apaches for diferent ste themes and 2 php's for different code versions.. And then I did something to cause wamp to crash..nadanada..
I won't go through it all but I have edited the registery, shut down everything that looked like a server, even done a system restore...i have downloaded 3 times and different speeds...NADA..
I have spent 2 long days trying to figure this out and I close to throwing in the towel.

When I did a cmd prompt to see what servers /ports where listed I saw everything but 80..

like about 5 ports.. I have changed the innodb to myisam, changed paths, and disabled some modules that I guessed at..

I was sitting on cloud nine friends and now i am stting on the tarmack..

If anyone that really knows this stuff and understands the server/port/whatever Please help...

At present I start wamp only to see 2 black lines pointing upward..
checking the logs there are none for apache when I try to create one and save I get a dialog error..MANoh MAN

Many thanks for your help and patience in advance..

I'm running an xp pro into a netgear router.

I love this program and hoping their is/are person/persons that can help..

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 05:25AM by Tribune.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can find the answer!!!!
Posted by: Tribune (---.hsd1.ky.comcast.net)
Date: April 23, 2008 05:24AM

Hello Again,

Went to JLBN site downloaded wamp(a) 74 all is well..I think the problem was in the latest version..It was running apache 228 this version has 226..Hope this can be corrected I love this server and the ease of operation..want to of course to be able to upgrade..

Thanks JLBN for the site and the download..

I dont know much but I have done so much trying to fix mine I have learned a bit so if I can help anyone please ask Ill tell you if I can't..but I may be able to suggest..

Bill

Re: I can find the answer!!!!
Posted by: bbenjamin (---.hineshort.com)
Date: April 25, 2008 01:42AM

Can you get InnoDB tables to work?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.