no php or asp working? just installed!
Posted by: Mahmix (---.wgl-202.47.120.182.dcsi.net.au)
Date: April 21, 2008 05:44PM

Hi Hope someone can help, as I'm new to this...
I've downloaded and installed wamp, the gauge is yellow and white and tells me the server is online.

The directory "localhost/" is not showing the php page that should be opened? (I placed a html page in the directory - and it opens ok) The php page says :
..............................................................................................
"Error 403

Forbidden

Powered by Abyss Web Server X1
© Aprelium Technologies - 2001-2007
................................................................................................

I haven't any Idea what to do...hope you can assist, I want to be able to run this program, place asp and php scripts into the localhost directory and test before uploading to on other server. I have turned off the firewall and have no other personal server on this pc.

Thank you in advance...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no php or asp working? just installed!
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 21, 2008 06:12PM

it doesnt support asp for a start. php should run fine.. ur probably using <? ?> instead of <?php ?> tags .

otherwise post up ur php file thats causing the error...

if ur wamp icon is not ALL white then its mysql is not running, the wamp icon be any colour any be online,,,, u need to read the manual i thinks smiling smiley

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no php or asp working? just installed!
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2008 06:19PM