can't access tables after transferring from WAMP5
Posted by: nirad01 (---.dsl.lsan03.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 16, 2008 10:51PM

I recently upgraded from WAMP 5 to WampServer 2.0. When I moved my old projects and databases to the new WAMP folder, I found that I couldn't access some or all of the tables in many of the databases. At least one database transferred fine, one has no tables I can access, and another has 3 tables out of 64 that can be accessed. In PHPMyAdmin, the number of tables shows up correctly (i.e. "DatabaseName (60)"winking smiley, but when I click on the database it says no tables are found, or in one database it only shows 3 tables out of 64. My PHP-based apps can't access the tables either.

In the MYSQL console, if I type "SHOW TABLES;" all the tables in the database are listed, but if I try "DESCRIBE tablename;" it says the table doesn't exist. The same is true within PHPMyAdmin- I can click on the SQL tab and type "SHOW TABLES;" and it will list them, but they don't show up in the structure tab where I can actually manipulate them.

I thought this might be a privilege issue so I have tried giving all privileges on the databases to anyone on the localhost, but that hasn't made a difference. I don't know what else to try and I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't access tables after transferring from WAMP5
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 17, 2008 05:29AM

make sure u have the same users as u had before, and that mysql is set to use whatever storage engine u were using

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.