PHP now working
Posted by: carinspector (97.66.58.---)
Date: April 16, 2008 02:55PM

Hello all,

I am a noob and am having trouble -- I have web server installed and working successfully (meaning will display html pages). The problem is PHP. I downloaded and installed PHP v 5.2..5 (php-5.2.5-win32-installer). I installed in c:\PHP. The appropriate Environmental Variable is there. I ran cmd and typed ' php - v' and it returned:

PHP 5.2.5 (cli)(biult: Nov 8 2008 23:18:51)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 the PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies

Ok -- so what I can gather so far is that the PHP is installed and the environmental variable is working.

I have a very simple hello world script as follows:

<?php

echo 'Hello World!';

?>

When I load the page using I.E. from another machine over the net, it displays exactly as above, no execution of the script.

Any help you guys could offer is appreciated. Also, changed php.ini to point to right directories as instructed.

I read something about IIS -- I believe this is automatically installed on XP Pro (which I am using btw).

Again, I am a noob, so please help.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP now working
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (193.120.116.---)
Date: April 16, 2008 03:14PM

this is not how to do it, go to wamp website , click addons along the top. Find the versiom of php u want. Downlaod and install, then left click on wamp icon and goto php,, go to version and select it off the list.

Re: PHP now working
Posted by: toivo (---.belrs4.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: April 16, 2008 03:18PM

Hi,

Did you by any chance install Wamp at all? This is a WampServer forum, and Wamp comes with Apache, not IIS.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.