.htaccess?
Posted by: kab012345 (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 12, 2008 07:05PM

Everytime I use .htaccess in the main www folder, it always says

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
The file I am trying to use is

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On
############################################################################
# Everything Below was written by the script and is written everytime a new forum is created with the
# Multiforums Script
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^AEF_host/test64/(.+)$ /AEF_host/$1 [QSA,L]
Redirect 301 /AEF_host/test64/index.htm [www.localhost]
*The link on Line 8 was shortened like that by the WAMP forums.

The apache error log said that:

[Sat Apr 12 12:52:03 2008] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] D:/wamp/www/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteCond', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Sat Apr 12 12:52:03 2008] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] D:/wamp/www/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteCond', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Sat Apr 12 12:52:48 2008] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] D:/wamp/www/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Sat Apr 12 12:52:48 2008] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] D:/wamp/www/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Sat Apr 12 12:52:49 2008] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] D:/wamp/www/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Sat Apr 12 12:56:19 2008] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] D:/wamp/www/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Anyone know how I can resolve this? Is it even possible to use .htaccess in WAMP?

Coder

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: .htaccess?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 12, 2008 07:38PM

make sure mod_rewrite is turned on first

Date: April 12, 2008 07:50PM

I have searched php.ini, httpd.conf and my.ini but can't find an on/off option for mod_rewrite. How would I go about turning it on or off?

Coder

Date: April 12, 2008 07:53PM

left click ur wamp icon... go to php.. go to exteneions,, and its on that list.

Date: April 12, 2008 08:14PM

I can't find any php_mod_rewrite or mod_rewrite or rewrite option on that list, but I did find a rewrite_module option in Apache Modules, I enabled it, but I disabled it after since I couldn't access [localhost] or anything on locahost, besides phpMyAdmin and SQLite Manager for a while, but it seems to be working now after a few restarts. I don't know.

Coder

Date: April 12, 2008 08:17PM

yes thats it.. leave it turned on.. then restart it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.