Urgent Help - 2 sites one host
Posted by: MistaT2000 (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: April 09, 2008 06:01PM

Hi there,

I have 1 server with an ancient version of apache/php and mysql installed but have 1 very important website running under it...

It cannot go down and the weblink cannot change...

I have installed wamp (which as you know has the latest versions of all the above apps coupled with it) to use with my new Intranet site but of course its directory is C:\wamp\www so if I fire my other website in there the link will change and it will be unavailable to my customers

Can I run 2 different versions of apache on the one server???

Or 1 version of apache (the newer one) looking at 2 sites in 2 different directories?? Would going down the virtual host root help me out?

Both are internal sites on a LAN

I have tried to configure virtual hosts but am really lost!!!

I added this line to the end of my httpd-vhosts.conf file:

I wasnt sure what else to put???

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "C:\phpdev\www\public\Qnet"
ServerName diaps077
</VirtualHost>

Am really stuck here as I want to use WAMP but I cant have the other sites link changing...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Urgent Help - 2 sites one host
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 09, 2008 06:26PM

The main concern is php syntax for your current website, refer to this thread

[forum.wampserver.com]

If you have other computer/laptop, install wamp and mimic your whole current website to see if you can run it locally. If not, you need to edit some codes to the current syntax

It's not really a good idea to run more than 1 web server/Apache on the same machine, and to run more than 1 domain/website, Virtual Host is your answer, and you can check Setup Virtual Host guide on my personal website to get the idea

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: MistaT2000 (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: April 09, 2008 06:53PM

I managed to get it working

I just set apache within the wamp directory to listen on port 8080 within httpd.conf and was then able to start both apache services. I can now access my important website on the old version of apache and my new site on the new version by adding :8080 to the end of my server address within the URL

Thanks for the reply!!

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2008 02:55PM

Like I mention above, it's not convenient to setup that way, of course it still work, but you should setup 1 wamp to serve all ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.