PHP does not link into MySQL on WAMPSERVER 2.0b
Posted by: royal blue (---.range81-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 13, 2008 04:57PM

I have recently loaded WAMPSERVER 2.0b. I have added a MySQL database and added a php program to a Projects folder. However, when I select the php program in localhost it does not pick up any data from the database. The mysql log has the following message which doesent really tell me anything:

080313 14:49:50 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 47313
080313 14:49:50 [Note] wampmysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.0.51a-community-nt' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

Have I missed something in the installation? I just followed all the instructions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP does not link into MySQL on WAMPSERVER 2.0b
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2008 05:22PM

You can install wamp2b over wamp2a while it still running; after that you can copy old db folder(s) to new 1 and after copy, you still need to create user(s) w/ needed privilege(s) to access the db(s); however, this method only work if your db storage type is MyISAM. On the other hand, the proper way to restore db is use phpmyadmin to export db from old mysql, then import them from new mysql

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 13, 2008 07:02PM

I have installed wamp2b from scratch (no other copies of php, apache or mysql). I created the database in wamp phpmyadmin and have used a small php script which I know works in older versions of php. Is there a file I need to alter?

Posted by: jw_k (---.net-you.de)
Date: March 13, 2008 10:46PM

>have used a small php script which I know works in older versions
compare the settings of register_globals and short_open_tag in your php.in
php.net and google are your friends...

Date: March 13, 2008 11:38PM

This is not solving my problem and could go on forever. My problem is: I downloaded the latest version of wamp and it doesn't work. I am probably better going it alone and loading the latest compatable versions of apache, php and mysql and sorting it from there.

Date: March 14, 2008 03:36AM

My problem is: I downloaded the latest version of wamp and it doesn't work.
Through wamp tray icon, when clicking on localhost, do you see the wamp homepage? Do you see phpmyadmin when clicking on phpmyadmin? If yes to both, your wamp including apache, mysql, php and phpmyadmin all are working.

I created the database in wamp phpmyadmin and have used a small php script which I know works in older versions of php. Is there a file I need to alter?
You've already knew it's old php version, so you've already knew that your php codes are not compatible w/ new php version that come w/ wamp. You should consult the changes in php website to modify your php codes

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 31, 2008 01:58PM

Thanks very much for the information and I now have a working system. The PHP code was the problem. Sorry for taking a while to reply, but I have been on holiday.

Cheers and thanks again.

Date: March 31, 2008 02:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.