Free Web Hosting Script
Posted by: hingsmaf003 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 04, 2008 03:55AM

I was interested in becoming a web host...Ive been searching for scripts but cant find any that are free can anyone help point me to one... thanks hings

ps: i will allow people using wamp to use my server to host sub domains and wat not.... wll pretty much everyone but will also have paid services to

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free Web Hosting Script
Posted by: Kmaid (152.71.42.---)
Date: March 05, 2008 03:28PM

I would recommend having a look on www.webhostingtalk.com. In my experience they have their own configurations of apache php etc so it most likely wont work with wamp.

If your just offering web hosting to your friends i would recommend just setting them up a mysql db, Vhost and ftp account manually. If you are planning on selling it you need to do allot more research and either resell for another company or buy a good control panel

Kmaid

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 05, 2008 06:08PM

Yep, you're right. B/w friends is ok, but for everybody, you need a lot of securities to protect yourself and everyone that you're hosting

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: hingsmaf003 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 06, 2008 04:12AM

kmaid i searched thier site and found nothing on the matter of setting up a web hosting servide no scripts or anything

Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 07, 2008 06:05AM

You'll need ultra high speed gigabits channels connecting to the backbone of networks and 24-hour onsite physical security if you want to provide reliable web hosting services.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.