Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: RE: Wamp installed totally and still nothing coming up
Posted by: allendover1 (---.64.134.98.ip.windstream.net)
Date: February 28, 2008 05:03PM

Ok I went there and there is no folder called data, could that be because I have yet to create a db at all?

Also WAMP stores the db as it is on the server correct? Not in just one large compressed flat file, correct?

Thank you for the help as well..

Another thing, do you have to change any code at all to localhost rather than www. or does it fix that for you, stupid question I know but have to ask.

Thanks, Allen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: allendover1 (---.64.134.98.ip.windstream.net)
Date: February 28, 2008 05:39PM

I did notice - that the file structure you gave me leads me to another folder called - mysql5.0.45.

So the actual path would be as: c:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.0.45/data - Would this be the db folder?

Once I opened this up I did see a data folder in there - would that be where it is stored at - or do I just need to create a folder called Data in the area you directed on the earlier posting?

Please advise me on this - I would greatly appreciate it alot.

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 05:45PM by allendover1.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 28, 2008 06:27PM

yes ur link is right

the one that is already made.

go into data..

each foler there is a database.

opoy ur ur data base folders into data

Posted by: allendover1 (---.92.134.98.ip.windstream.net)
Date: February 28, 2008 08:34PM

TY very very much, you have been so very helpful. I will give this a try and go from there.

Also last question - do I have to change any file structure - like www / to / localhost???

Also I know on the live server I have a public_html folder that is the root of all files. How and what do I need to change in the code of the website files to work with wamp on my vista machine? Then what do I need to do to change them back before uploading... I will be done asking crazy questions after this gets answered, PLEASE...

Thanks for any answers you can provide here for me.

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 08:45PM by allendover1.

Date: February 28, 2008 08:51PM

this depends on what ur website it like...

it should work just putting into into www folder.

if u have databases ul need a copy of them

u should need to chamge anything

if u get any errors post them up here and ill help u

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2008 09:24PM

For html, php files, if you're using relative paths, they will work the same no matter it's localhost or on your hosting. For db, some hosting allow you to set your own db name, usernames, and password but some others auto setup for you, so make sure you setup the same w/ your wamp, then when you upload to your hosting, they will work the same

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 28, 2008 11:06PM

At the risk of sounding stupid - that was over my head there... Sorry - I have done this just a little before but still learning.

I am use to having to change files from public_html to something of localhost - I would love it if I never had to change any file code at all.

the DB issue - that is another thing I am finding to be a challenge at this very moment. I see the path in the configuration.php file in the root of the joomla site - but it doesn't line up with the layout of my computer path. Very confused on how to make this work.

I am attempting even now to get the db hooked back up to one of the more simple sites as well.

Another problem I am having is the DB files downloaded from cPanel backups - a large dump file - importing that into phpmyadmin since the restrictions are so small there.

My NaviCat program would do this with no problems if I just could get it to hook up to the database itself as well.

As stated still learning - sorry I am a pain here. But Please any help would be awesome and much better than where I am at the moment.

Here are the errors I am getting here...

Warning: require_once(/home/lakota/public_html/includes/version.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\lakotawildlife\includes\joomla.php on line 71

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/lakota/public_html/includes/version.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\lakotawildlife\includes\joomla.php on line 71

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 11:13PM by allendover1.

Date: February 28, 2008 11:20PM

Ok well this time around I did get the Joomla logo and something up - I changed the paths to /wamp/www/lakotawidlife and so on and so forth.

It came up with an error 3 below the logo... not sure what a 3 is on here.

Please advise anyone please.

Thanks Allen

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 29, 2008 01:19AM

Moving Joomla from host to local and vice versus?
To some experience coders, this is very easy, and that's the reason why I never pay attention to it until recently. After I've posted Setup Joomla guide, some people send emails to me and request to have a guide for moving Joomla b/w host and local wamp and it's on my To Do list now. Anyway, here are some basic steps

Backup all Joomla files on your host
Backup DB on your host
Restore all Joomla backup files on local
Restore DB on local
Modify config and htaccess files to reflect the changes

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: allendover1 (---.53.134.98.ip.windstream.net)
Date: February 29, 2008 10:21PM

hey ok, got that done - and the admin part of one of the websites does come up and workable, thus far. but the front end of that same website doesn't come up at all... What comes up is - Black screen with all this junk on it here,...

doKeywordSniffing = $BSQ->doKeywordSniffing; $this->trackHits = $BSQ->trackHits; $this->_jllog = new JLLog($BSQ->jllogLevel); } /** * Insert a hit into the database * * @param integer Joomla User ID for recording user hits. * @param string Page title * */ function RegisterHit($joomlaUserId=0, $pageTitle='') { global $BSQ, $database; if(!$this->trackHits) { return; } if(!$joomlaUserId && $BSQ->trackOnlyUsers) { return; } $ip = BSQSitestatsHit::getRemoteHostAddress(); /* Ignore certain IP addresses */ if (isset($BSQ->ignoreIPs[$ip])) { return; } /* Don't set the country field */ $cntry = ''; $lang = BSQSitestatsHit::determineLanguage(); /* Check for an ignored domain */ //$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] = 'http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=celebrity+homes-aaron+spelling%27s&spell=1'; $ref = mosGetParam($_SERVER, 'HTTP_REFERER', ''); if (strlen($ref)>0) { $url = parse_url($ref); $domain = eregi_replace("^www.","",$url['host']); if(isset($BSQ->ignoreDomains[$domain])) { $ref = ''; $domain = ''; } /* Check for banned referrer words */ if(count($BSQ->bannedRefererWords)) { foreach($BSQ->bannedRefererWords as $word=>$dontcare) { if(!is_string($word) || !$word) { continue; } if(is_int(strpos($ref, $word))) { $ref = ''; $domain = ''; break; } } } } else { $ref = ''; $domain = ''; }

I have relooked paths in configuration.php and .htaccess. Htaccess is blank anyway - is that suppose to be? Everything else looks right to me. This might be more a joomla issue for the joomls forum, just trying to keep things in the correct areas.

Please advise if you know... You can also view at the home page here - [www.lakotawildlife.com]

Thanks... Allen

Date: February 29, 2008 10:25PM

this is not junk!!!!

do you have short tags turned on?
if not turn it on or use <?php instead of <?

if this it is the full script then ur missing

<?php

and

?>

Posted by: allendover1 (---.53.134.98.ip.windstream.net)
Date: February 29, 2008 10:46PM

ok it is coming up now - wasn't sure what short tags where until I hit the php list of things and saw it near top and clicked it to be on and the site came up.

Thanks so much for all the help you both have offered. I sure wouldn't have been able to do it without you or him either way.

Thanks so much again,

Allen

Date: February 29, 2008 10:53PM

no problem

Posted by: kountrycrock (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 02, 2008 01:46AM

I'm having the same problem allendover had. I have followed all the suggestions and it still does not work in the browser. This is what I did.
GOTO

c:/wamp/bin/apache/apache/conf

open the file

httpd.conf

change the line

Listen 80

to

Listen 8080

and change

ServerName localhost:80

to

ServerName localhost:8080

I did all that. In the httpd.conf where this is at do I need to change the ip address to anything different

#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen 8080

Date: March 02, 2008 02:14AM

wat coulur is ur wamp icon

Date: March 02, 2008 02:28AM

It is white, but when I go to the browser and put in localhost it goes to

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

I don't understand it.

Date: March 02, 2008 02:29AM

but u sed u changed it to 8080?????

so u need to use localhost:8080

Date: March 02, 2008 02:43AM

So what you are saying I need to type [localhost] into my browser. What about
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80 is there anything there I should change?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2008 02:46AM by kountrycrock.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.