#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Posted by: bigt0242000 (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2008 01:23AM

I get "#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)" when I open up phpMyAdmin. I have followed directions in the different posts. I have uninstalled, deleted the wamp directory, and reinstalled wamp multiple times. I have cleared cookies, checked firewall settings, checked my.ini, changed to MyISAM, yet it still does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Would there be any reg keys I could try to delete?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2008 01:26AM by bigt0242000.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: #2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Posted by: supasam117 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2008 02:02AM

its simply that it can't connect. this is either 1 of 2 things:
1. Your firewall is blocking it
2. Your router is blocking it

the port its trying to get to is 3306. if you go to fowardport.com , it has guides on how to foward ports to work with MySQL (port 3306) for every router and firewall.

hope this helps.

Posted by: bloody velvet (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 12, 2008 03:26AM

Was it running before? Like, did you upgrade wamp or MySQL when it had been working before? Is the MySQL error log outputting anything?

Posted by: bigt0242000 (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2008 09:53PM

@ supasam117

1. I have my firewall setup like it's supposed to be.
2. My test machine is the same computer I use for everyday use so there is no router involved.

@ bloody velvet

Yes wamp was running before. No upgrade. No error log.

Some how I managed to fix it by doing the same thing I've been trying. I guess it was just one of those crazy computer hiccups. Thanks for the replys.

Posted by: bloody velvet (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 13, 2008 12:46AM

I'm glad you got it working. I've noticed sometimes mysql just doesn't start, or starts after it says it's ready. OR the icon doesn't change and it looks like it hasn't started when it has (the tray icon stays yellow). It tends to happen more often when you exit without stopping the services first, but I haven't been able to pin it down to anything specific.

There's a different error that gives this same response and symptoms that has to do with a bad database, which is what I was trying to eliminate before suggesting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.