wampserver security
Posted by: dsims (24.38.174.---)
Date: February 04, 2008 02:19PM

hi this might be my first post. I recently checked my ports on the sheilds up webpage (while wampserver was running maybe I'm paranoid) but found that my port 80 was recieving packets from any computer. I am sure this has been covered. I have found that while running windows that if you go into your control panel and choose firewall settings (ie windows firewall) click on exceptions then click apache HTTP server then click edit then click change scope and choose either "My Network (subnet) only" or Custom and enter 127.0.0.1 in the text field followed by ok ok ok your port for your server will be stealthed. I basically use this program for testing only. DO NOT DO THIS FOR A PRODUCTION SERVER, and if you ask why because then only you will see your website. I hope this helps if it wasn't covered before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2008 03:15PM by dsims.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver security
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 04, 2008 02:25PM

Then, did you try to access it from outside your LAN?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 04, 2008 02:28PM

Before the shield's up website would show me stealthed all green scan all ports. I ran wampserver and went back to the shield's up website and it showed port 80 as open (red) so I went to my firewall and changed the settings and went back to the shield's up website and I was all green again. I then checked wampserver to see if my pages would still show and of course they did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2008 02:36PM by dsims.

Date: February 04, 2008 02:34PM

ok, my question is w/ that setup, can you access your websites from outside your LAN?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 04, 2008 02:36PM

no why would I want that?

Date: February 04, 2008 02:38PM

I only use wampserver for testing not production. So i can test my php scripts and others scripts before I put them out their.

Date: February 04, 2008 02:49PM

I don't know why don't you try it the website is [127.0.0.1] let me know what you see

Date: February 04, 2008 02:54PM

he he... he he... ;-)

that's lan ip and only you can use it

I have that question because some people still want to publish their websites worldwide

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 04, 2008 02:58PM

I know I was just kidding. I was just saying for the people who just want to use it for a test server. And don't want to broadcast worldwide that my port 80 is hanging out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.