Unckecking the 'read only' box on file properties..d'oh!
Posted by: Lakeside (---.tbaytel.net)
Date: January 31, 2008 07:05PM

Well don't shoot me, I did start a new post, as the previous one is so big (sorry) but my brain unthawed enuff for a sec (has been near -50 C here at times lately) , to realize that when I right-click on a file/folder on the left pane of WS_ftp (even if it hasn't gotten 'uploaded to the server') and click 'properties', only to see that it is listed as 'read only'....well I finally realize that, d'uh, I can unclidk the green tick in that box, and suddenly it is not read only!! Then I went into my Joomla site's backend, and could successfully install the extension 'JoomlaXplorer' (a component I have been trying to install all week >.<winking smiley but had to have component folder permissions set to '777' for that. I'm just posting this on the off-off-chance some poor soul has been as dim as me. I was being told all along (and read it a million places) that on a window's server you can change file permissios with your ftp server, using properties. Yayyy! Now I can do all that with JoomlaXplorer, assuming that I can connect to the WS_ftp server via Joomla's backend. I may still need help resolving the 'server address' connection problem (previous post). Wish me luck!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.