PEAR/WAMP issues
Posted by: valdezm (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 20, 2008 12:07PM

I was wondering why PEAR wasn't working with WAMP. Why did it keep directing me to the non-existent c:/php/pear directory? I checked my php.ini in my php folder and saw the update that the go-pear.bat script wrote to the bottom: include_path=".;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\pear" (The directory is specific to your version of wamp) Seemed like everything was in place...
Then I realized there exists another php.ini in the apache directory.
This php.ini file doesn't include the updated:
include_path=".;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\pear"
So I included it and restarted my wamp after saving the change.
Believe it or not, it worked.
So it follows I signed up to this forum to share the good news. Pear works with WAMP it just requires some additional modification.
Happy Day,
-Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PEAR/WAMP issues
Posted by: atac (---.ip.tiscali.nl)
Date: February 05, 2008 11:56AM

Dear valdezm

good date 'mate thank you for sharing that little tibets of information. I had the same problem as you when I try to access the DB component in pear. lucky I got the exact same message as u.

thanks again you littl'(or big) genius.

(p.s. do u know how change user in mysql. so far all I can do is use the root user (which is not a smart thing to do, as if anything happens I don't have another user to re-entre the db and fix the problem. can u give advise on the subject or redirect me to some where on the forum where I can go for help.)

thanX,
atac.

Re: PEAR/WAMP issues
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 05, 2008 02:59PM

Already answer this question, check Setup Password and Setup DB on my personal websites which can access through my signature

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.