Wamp Server 2.0 localhost not avaliable
Posted by: Fracture (---.cos2.cable.ntl.com)
Date: January 20, 2008 11:35AM

Hi,

I have recently installed WAMP server 2, having previously used WAMP, on my system with no problems.

However after the install i was unable to use the right/left click options on the taskbar icon.

I am running Vista 64 Ultimate, after reading the forums I have managed to fix the menus and now WAMP says that everything is running ok. But I cannot access localhost. Its acting as if the service is off. But WAMP reports all services are running!

Test Port 80 returns "Server: Apache 2.2.6 (Win32) PHP/5.25

Last thing i noticed, after the install i ran HijackThis to check some things as suggested in the post about fixing the taskbar menu.. After the fresh install it shows 2 entries:

O23 - Service: wampapache - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files (x86)\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.6\bin\httpd.exe" -k runservice (file missing)

O23 - Service: wampmysqld - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files (x86)\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.0.45\bin\mysqld-nt.exe" wampmysqld (file missing)

However navigating to the directories shows that both files are infact in the correct place. Werid!

Anyway i have run out of ideas for how to fix this so any help would be greatly apreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.